Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recent Files Extension

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I was using the Recent Files Extension to see my recent files even when I had a file open.

Now with the new update(CC 2017) I have lost it and cannot find it anywhere.

It was a default extension under Window->Extensions->Recent Files in Photoshop.

Underneath is an image to show where it was, I got this off the net as I can't show it myself.

Jpegmini-Photoshop-1.png

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

It has sort of been removed. The part that is included in the start workspace still works however, it does not get launched by menu File>Open an update a while back to the creative cloud desktop application did it in.

Creative Cloud Help | Start and Recent Files workspaces

The Recent Files workspace is missing

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has sort of been removed. The part that is included in the start workspace still works however, it does not get launched by menu File>Open an update a while back to the creative cloud desktop application did it in.

Creative Cloud Help | Start and Recent Files workspaces

The Recent Files workspace is missing

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi the extension recent files panel is extremely useful to my workflow. is ther anyway i can make it work again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah actually its a bit of a sad story to remove such an amazing feature why so ? we need it back adobe please

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PLEASE BRING IT BACK !!

Recent files extension is without a doubt the most useful extension I have ever used . I say that because out of all other filters and extensions ever made are always available they can always be found in the respected toolbars etc. that being said recent files extension is the starting point for all files I use.

I use it consantly !!

This has caused me a massive loss of time -

It Prevents me from being able to pick up where I left off

and when using lots of layers it is quite easy to get lost

anyhow.

Recent files extension is SO IMPORTANT that I can not say it enough just how important it is.

Adobe you must bring this back ASAP or I am going back to previous versions I have no choice!!

#Adoberecentfiles

#photoshop recent files

adobe photoshop recent files

Adobe Photoshop recent files extensions

photoshop recent files

photoshop recent files extension

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2018 Feb 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Recent Files is usually drowned by reference jpg's after doing a reference pass in an illustration project for me.

Unless you could filter the Recent Files list for specific extensions (ie. psd's and psb's only) the disappearance of the Recent Documents Panel reduces my efficiency too.

Thumbnails are also so nice for this. I have my psd's in both a root folder and subfolders named after project. I have too many active projects and I don't clean these folders out to make it quick to find the latest version of the psd's or the psd's out of all the files in windows explorer / Open dialogue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2019 May 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This Recent extention is a time saver. one of the best extention on photoshop.
Please bring this back on photoshop adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 30, 2019 May 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

sumayab46857188  wrote

This Recent extention is a time saver. one of the best extention on photoshop.
Please bring this back on photoshop adobe.

Hi

Feature request can be made here

Photoshop | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines