• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Email Hyperlinks does not work as expected

Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With InDesign CC 2017.1, applying an email address to text or any object should use a simple construction in exported documents (such as PDF). For some time, InDesign’s support for email hyperlink has been troublesome. Using the documented InDesign instructions, special characters are mistakenly converted to hex-ASCII codes.

As an example [link deleted by moderator] comes across as a hyperlink of the syntax "kenw%40leadingswmaniacs.com?Subject=." This is not correct and has been brought up before in the support community forum. This needs to be fixed. However, I think I found a workaround described in [link deleted by moderator]The download includes a document describing the problem and a proposed workaround until it gets fixed. The zip file also has a sample .indd file and an exported .pdf from InDesign CC 2017.1 on macOS.

Here is a workaround: https://indesignsecrets.com/a-fix-for-indesigns-email-hyperlink-problem.php

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Software Maniac,

Thanks for sharing this. I would request you to please share this feedback here: Feature Request/Bug Report Form .

Regards

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just did. Thanks, Srishti. Should be easy to fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines