• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Select and Mask shortcut

Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I change the shortcut for Select and Mask... from bringing up the old "Refine Edges" tool to taking me to Select and Mask? No matter how I change the shortcut, the only way I can bring up Select and Mask... is by clicking on the button. I MUCH prefer using a shortcut.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alt+Ctrl+R brings up select and mask here (Windows 10 and CC2017.1.1)

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So sorry, I should have mentioned I am a MacOS user. Cmd+Shift+R brings up "refine edges" not Select and Mask in CC2017.0.1 for MacOS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

For Mac Select & Mask should be Cmd+Opt+R

Learn how to use the dedicated Select And Mask workspace in Photoshop CC.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No go, unfortunately, no matter which shortcut I use or change it to, it still goes to "Refine Edges"

If I click and drag down to the menu, I do get "Select and Mask", but even if I use Quickeys to do a menu selection, it still gives me "Refine Edges"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using CC 2017? Cuase command alt R goes to Select & Mask

Screen Shot 2017-06-29 at 4.12.36 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, yes and no.

In the meantime, I upgraded to CC2017.1.1

Not sure how that affects this, BUT.

CMD+OPT+R did not take me to Select and Mask, as I had previously changed Select and Mask to cmd+shift+R, which still took me to Refine Edges.

When creating shortcuts with "Keyboards Shortcuts & Menus..." NO combination of shortcuts will take you to Select and Mask EXCEPT CMD+OPT+R! All other combos send you to Refine Edges. To get to Select and Mask via the keyboard, you MUST set your shortcut to CMD+OPT+R. I would hope someone confirms this by trying.

This may be a bug.

OTOH, my problem is sorta fixed. Now I have to use Quickeys to allow me to use my preferred keyboard combo.

UPDATE:

Nope, CMD+Shift+R is so ingrained as Refine Edges, even using Alias Keystrokes in Quickeys does not work. Again CMD+OPT+R must be used exclusively.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines