• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can someone give the new guy a hand or clue?

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to adobe stock. With my first submissions was this image. It was rejected due to aesthetic or commercial appeal. Adobe does state that they are looking for specific content but does not mention what content they are looking for. I know thousands of images are repeated in stock. I thought this one may stand out. Can anyone give the new guy some tips.

Forever.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure why it was rejected. I really like the quality of light on the grass. Maybe that would be great without the fence in it!

Actually, I think the fence might be the problem. If it were just wood grain, I bet it would have been approved, but the half-there graffiti is really distracting. You know what? I'll be that's it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Funny, I see the graffiti as central, with the fading word FOREVER an irony, set against the ever changing but eternal background of nature. Some sort of plants, I registered.

But that makes it art. Deeply subjective, and probably not what buyers want. They don't want to buy finished art, I guess, but pictures of things to illustrate their art, craft, or commerce. And what sort of keyword or search would find this very specific art?

So maybe try to put yourself in the position of someone spending money on stock images, who knows they want a killer picture of a field or a house or a (model released) person doing something specific while looking happy. This is probably not the outlet for art.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 02, 2017 Jul 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't see Forever... the F looks like a H which makes the graffiti say a different message

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines