• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Questions about line break

Participant ,
Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I do if I want to make a soft line break in one breakpoint but not in another breakpoint? Do I really need to make two different textfields? I would like it to be as simple as it is in Indesign.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

A soft return is no text attribute, but a special text character. Therefore it can't be modified breakpoint-wise. You have to use the "Hide/Show in Breakpoint" command, and use different text containers.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Print design and web design is different.

As far as I know, you can set text formatting from breakpoint to breakpoint or across all breakpoints:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-06-29 um 23.11.49.png

But line break could be maybe be controlled by the size of your textbox? Just an idea.

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use a No-Break Space to keep words together or prevent undesirable line breaks. From the glyph panel, this is about the second or third blank space in the character list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the swift answer. Usually it works fine with adjusting the width of the textbox, but sometimes I want to have better control. At least it will be on top of my whishlist for Christmas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A soft return is no text attribute, but a special text character. Therefore it can't be modified breakpoint-wise. You have to use the "Hide/Show in Breakpoint" command, and use different text containers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Günter. That was a good explanation why it doesn't work. Well, maybe you can solve it in the next version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines