• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Migrate InDesign with all application settings?

Advocate ,
Jun 27, 2017 Jun 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

our IT is about to use my vacation to re-set up my machine.
I need to find by friday an easy way to migrate my InDesign application settings, …and there are a bunch of them, letting me dig in divers folders, only to reconstruct by hand afterward.
We use the AdobeCloud, but I could find the Cloud syncing my setting from workplace to workplace.

I need a smooth way to transfer…

- workspace setting

- keyboard shortcuts

- printing preferences

- startup scripts

- user scripts

- document presettings

- custom borders

- user theasaurus

- installed plugins

As you see, there is alotta stuff to think of before sitting down at my fresh mac and start working, while work in a vacation keeps piling up, has to happen asap 😞

Any ideas, scripts, migration tools are welcome!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 27, 2017 Jun 27, 2017

Here are two great documents about how to preserve and changes InDesign prefererences, presets, etc. from Mike Witherell:

Download

Mac: Download Mac 

Win: Download Win

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your InDesign preference folder should control just about everything that you are concerned about (although I'm not completely sure that it will cover installed plugins as that could be disrupted by a fresh install). Assuming that you're on a Mac open a Finder window in column view and select your Home folder. With the option key pressed choose Library from the Finder Go menu. Then follow the path Library>Preferences>Adobe InDesign. Option drag a copy of the Adobe InDesign folder to you desktop and make a copy of it to an external drive. When your new install is done place the copy of your Preference folder into the same location it came from. Launch InDesign and at least most of what you need should be there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you guys, i think I have it now all backed up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are two great documents about how to preserve and changes InDesign prefererences, presets, etc. from Mike Witherell:

Download

Mac: Download Mac 

Win: Download Win

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines