Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save for web with multiple folders

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2017 Jun 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a hiearchy of folders with images, and I would like to apply a web compression on all of them.

I am looking at Batch menu and Automation.

I record Save for web (Export menu) but it prompts for the destination folder, where I want each image to be saved in its original location.

How can I achieve this?

I have a side question: I did some tests, Save for Web under photoshop compresses more than Export from Lightroom, am I correct?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may want to look into Image Processor Pro.

ps-scripts - Browse /Image Processor Pro/Betas at SourceForge.net

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks I will. But so I understand there is no solution within photoshop without any additional plugins?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Saving operations (including Save for Web) in Actions are often problematic, in particular for Batching, as they can include the recorded file’s path.

A Script could suffice*, but the default Batch and Image Processor would both not suffice to recreate the original Files’ Folder structure in a target Folder.

*: Are you familiar with JavaScript, VB or AS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am familiar with Javascript, but have never used scripts for Photoshop. Maybe I should dig this possibility.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Photoshop’s DOM and AM-code may take some time getting used to but if you think you perform a lot of automatable tasks in Photoshop where Actions fall short it may indeed be worth checking out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines