• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Migration of Photoshop CS4 to new computer

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I migrated my files from my old MacBook Air to my new MacBook Pro but two of my Adobe applications weren't installed: Adobe Photoshop CS4 and Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro.  The new computer is using MacOS Sierra 10.12.5

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

Go to your Adobe Account online - and choose Plans & Products > View your Products. The serial numbers will be available for all your  registered products. They don't go back forever but mine show all back to and including CS2.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't migrate. Download, install and enter your serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should have mentioned, I don't have the serial numbers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to your Adobe Account online - and choose Plans & Products > View your Products. The serial numbers will be available for all your  registered products. They don't go back forever but mine show all back to and including CS2.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davidh38067384  wrote

I don't have the serial numbers!

Get in the habit of always storing them somewhere safe and handy. You never know when you'll need them.

When you buy the software, the serial numbers are the part which is uniquely you. They give you the right to use the software forever. Anyone can download the installers at any time. Only those with serial numbers can use the software forever.

Like davescm, I have all my serial numbers for all my software for the past decade. In my case, they're safely stored in a text file in Dropbox for immediate access anywhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2017 Jun 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've registered and it has not hurt anything. In fact I've gotten a free gift for doing so,and the serial numbers never went anywhere. Most place their box with the serial inside on the shelf thinking it will stay there. A few moves later or housecleaning by an unsuspecting spouse and it's gone. And no Adobe won't replace it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, I've registered my Adobe serials and stored them in Dropbox. I've also got dozens of non-Adobe serial numbers stored in Dropbox too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Might be a good idea. My non-Adobe ones are scattered in emails under the names of their vendors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines