• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not sure where the "Grain/Nose problem" is in the picture

Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had quite a few images accepted. Just as many rejected. Most for the same reason. Grain/Noise Problem. Just wanted to get your opinion on this picture. So that I can improve my picture quality and have more images accepted. Thanks in advance for the critique.2017-06-23_08-49-52.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 30, 2017 Jun 30, 2017

Sometimes with high contrast images you end up with very fine colour noise - check close in on the petals where it grades from lights to darks. I had this exact same issue and after reducing clarify in key areas it was accepted (it did burn a bit because it reduced the sharpness in those same areas).

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see any either.

Maybe they hit the wrong button or something.

You could try re-submitting it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the fast response. I will resubmit. I've had a few in this category. I'm left scratching my head trying to figure out where the nose is at?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2017 Jun 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you zoom the photo at 100% in edition? Maybe it's the cause.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cicero - Yes. I zoomed in to 100%. No noise. No grain. Even in the bokeh part. I planned on resubmitting. I believe it might have been rejected in error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2017 Jun 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes with high contrast images you end up with very fine colour noise - check close in on the petals where it grades from lights to darks. I had this exact same issue and after reducing clarify in key areas it was accepted (it did burn a bit because it reduced the sharpness in those same areas).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2017 Jun 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks opalfroot. I'll try that out. It can be frustrating when the reason for a rejection is so vague.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines