• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere 9.0 will not capture

Jun 30, 2017 Jun 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've installed Premiere Elements 9.0 but am unable to capture DV output coming through a firewire cable.

When I click on capture, the capture window displays, but the only thin that can be seen in this window is an image from the bottom right hand side of the Premiere main window.

Any suggestions on what might be going wrong?

I can capture the footage (very good quality image) through WINDV, without any dropping of frames.

Thanks,

Southskies

The platform is:

Computer: Dell OptiPlex 9010 i7

Directx 9.0c

Adobe Flash Player 10 x

.Net Framework 4.0

Capture: IEEE firewire

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's going to be kind of tough to find tech support for a 7 year old program running on a 15 year old operating system -- so I'm not sure what to suggest.

You say you've installed Premiere Elements 9. Does this mean that you weren't using the program until recently? You've never captured miniDV with it in the past?

Since you can capture with WinDV, I'd recommend just using it to capture your video and then editing the video in Premiere Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, its a bit of an ask, perhaps hoping that it might trigger someone's memory.

I have used PE 9 with firewire to capture previously, but there's some combo of directx / .net that I've not got quite right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

All solved. The sound device driver had not been installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines