Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Jiggle, jerking, stutter, bucking in motion! Please Help

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2017 Jun 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Guys,

i made an animation with trains comp settings are 2304x640px by 25 frames per second. And when the Train start to roll out

i got an little jiggle, stutter in the motion! Specially in the end of the train. Is that a problem of the playback frame rate? What can i do to make that

smoother without adding motion blur. Whats the reason of that jiggle?

KEY Curve:

keycurve.jpg

here is a preview:

jiggle_test on Vimeo

hope someone can help

best regards

Martin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 30, 2017 Jun 30, 2017

That's the same issue as the millions "How do I create smooth scrolling credits?" questions - your motion timing is simply not ideal, resulting in unfavorable temporal sampling in relation to the frame duration. In your case making it slightly faster might do wonders. Also do not forget about enabling motion blur and otehr such things that might improve appearance.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the same issue as the millions "How do I create smooth scrolling credits?" questions - your motion timing is simply not ideal, resulting in unfavorable temporal sampling in relation to the frame duration. In your case making it slightly faster might do wonders. Also do not forget about enabling motion blur and otehr such things that might improve appearance.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normally that can be right, i read other answers, you answered in this forum! Buuut on my Samsung TV i test my footage also and there it looks very good and liquid. So can this be a problem between playback framerate and refreshrate of the device...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, of course it could be an issue with your monitor if it looks correct on a device that has a consistent frame rate. In this case things like turning off VSync and changing the desktop refresh rate in the graphics driver settings may help.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines