• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Computer

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2017 Jun 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all. So, my laptop is getting pretty old, as in at least 5 years old (I forget when I bought it, but at least that old). It's getting pretty slow, especially when I try to do things like export photos or create a slideshow in Lightroom. I've made some time lapse videos and usually export the RAW files as edited jpegs, which can take a couple hours, depending on how many images I have.

I think it's time for a new laptop. The one I have now is an HP. I've been happy with it otherwise. Does anyone have any suggestions on what kind of laptop to get? Keep in mind I'm not looking for any Apple product. I like Windows.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're going to do time lapse and you've got so many that it takes a couple of hours to export, I will suggest you get the fastest CPU you can afford, because this action of exporting is almost entirely dependent on CPU speed. You will also want a 64bit operating system and at least 8GB of memory.

Also, there are many reports of Lightroom not performing well with CPUs that have more than 4 cores, so you want a 4 core CPU (until Adobe fixes this).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stephen901,

Please take a look at this article Adobe Photoshop Lightroom system requirements and if you are a user of other Adobe apps like Photoshop CC and Premiere Pro then, go for a computer having better than the recommended specs required mentioned.

Here's a detailed article https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-performance-computer-hardware/

You may refer Photoshop system requirements here: - Photoshop system requirements

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Akash+Sharma  wrote

Hi Stephen901,

Please take a look at this article Adobe Photoshop Lightroom system requirements and if you are a user of other Adobe apps like Photoshop CC and Premiere Pro then, go for a computer having better than the recommended specs required mentioned.

I have to disagree. The idea of pointing out the minimum specs, and then "if you are a user of other Adobe apps ..." then go for better hardware ... no ... the original poster needs better hardware than the minimum just for his Lightroom application. He probably already has a laptop that meets the minimum specifications, and it's not getting the job done for him in a reasonable amount of time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines