Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Find missing photos

Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Is it possible to find missing photos that i have not in a hard drive but on a server?

Thanks,

Tiago Garcia

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 30, 2017 Jun 30, 2017

Import? I don't think that's what you want to do at all, if the photos are already in Lightroom and then have an ! on them.

So let me ask the question to see if I understand your problem. Are the photos already in Lightroom, and they have somehow been moved from an external drive to a server and now they have an ! on them and you want to use them on the server??

Assuming that I understand things properly, you can instruct LR to use all of the photos that are now on the server by following these in

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a Lightroom question? Can you provide more details?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2017 Jun 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, i did not mention this is a Lightroom question yes. My problem is, until now i had all my work in external hard drives, when i want some image i connect the hard drive and import to lightroom (or find missing photos). But now i have my photographs on a server, and my question is, is it possible to import directly from a server to lightroom? I can´t find the way to do this. What i do is to copy the files i want to work to my computer and then click in "!" and find the missing photo.

Is it possible to import directly from a server?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Import? I don't think that's what you want to do at all, if the photos are already in Lightroom and then have an ! on them.

So let me ask the question to see if I understand your problem. Are the photos already in Lightroom, and they have somehow been moved from an external drive to a server and now they have an ! on them and you want to use them on the server??

Assuming that I understand things properly, you can instruct LR to use all of the photos that are now on the server by following these instructions: Adobe Lightroom - Find moved or missing files and folders (see Figure 4 and associated text). There is no Importing needed, in fact Importing would be the WRONG thing to do.

If that's not it, and I am not understanding properly, please describe the problem further, being especially clear on whether or not the photos are already in Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sure, i was wrong, i don't want to import, my photographs are already in Lightroom catalog. I had a problem with an hard disk and decided to move all of my work to a server and use no more external hard disks. All of my files are in LR catalog, all i want, as you understand correctly is to find missing files, that i moved to a server.

I m going to ready carefully the link you gave me, thank you very much, i believe it will help me, thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines