Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign CC 2017 - Error Code 14 - Mac

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am working with our Marketing group and we are now starting to get this error message upon opening an InDesign File. We are using macs and for the past month have been getting the error message: Cannot open "file_name.indd". The "file_name.indd" is incompatiable with Adobe InDesign (error code: 14).

I have reboot the macs and some macs are not on the lastest patch for OS 10.12.5 and other are. I am not seeing any common items that could produce this error message. Some are on new MacBook Pro's with the touch bar and some older macbook pro's and close to a year old Mac Pro (New Tube design). All of our files are on our network server. I see some articles stating to reset the preferences in InDesign and I have done this, rebooted and still get the error message. Another article says its permissions but the files are not locked.

What is the best way to see what version the indd file was created in as I bet some of the files were created in CS and some in CC. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2017 Jun 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here is a screenshot of the error message that multiple users are getting. Anyone know what causes this?

indd error.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 03, 2017 Jul 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi buildingon,

This seems to be error with the particular file. We can try to recover the file at our end, in that case would you mind sharing your file?

Regards

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Srishti,

We have multiple indd files that this is happening too. What do you suggest be the best course of action as our Marketing department relies heavily on these files. All files are saved to a mac server that we updated to try and correct this issue but it didn't change anything.

buildingon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi buildingon,

If these are saved on server try to copy one or two of them to Desktop and try to open from there.

Regards

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2017 Jul 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Srishti,

That is our work around as this has been ongoing for about a month now. Our users didn't have to do this before. Is there any type of permissions I can check on the files to ensure its not a permission issue? Also, how do I find the version of the indesign, that the file was created with? I want to rule out old versions of the file vs software.

buildingon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi buildingon,

For server issues, please try to reinstall server on machine.

For older versions click here : Download and install Creative Cloud apps

Regards

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines