Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing Photos to Different Catalog with Edits

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2017 Jun 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

When I am on the road, I edit photos on my laptop in my travel Lightroom catalog, run off of a Lacie 2 TB hard drive. These are imported as DNGs.

When I get home, I take the Lacie hard drive and import those photos to my desktop computer master Lightroom catalog and the photos are saved on a Pegasus 12 TB drive.

Is is there a way to have the edits that I did within the travel LR catalog transfer with the files to the master LR catalog? As well as all of the ratings (flags and stars). Otherwise, I feel like I am going through everything twice.

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 30, 2017 Jun 30, 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes simply select all the images and export as a catalog. On the desktop machine you then import from another catalog. In fact if the catalog is also on the Lacie 2 TB you can just import from another catalog.

Start from the File menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Awesome! Thank you. Very helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines