Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Space above first line of text despite fitting frame to content

Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2017 Jun 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have come across a problem with the font we use for our company collateral: Titillium Web.

When I add a text box, there is space above the first line even when I fit the frame to content. Other fonts behave normally and I do not have any problems with this particular font in Illustrator. I have tried with existing and new documents.

Screenshot.png

Our textboxes often appear as white boxes on a colour background, so the copy always looks a bit off centre. At the moment the workaround is to increase the baseline shift by 2pt, but that's not really feasible if we have to do it for every text box in every document.

Any ideas whether this is a bug or if there is another workaround? Should I set the preset to include the baseline shift or is there a better way?

Thanks

Lana

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 30, 2017 Jun 30, 2017

Check out the First Baseline Offset as described in this posting:

Spacing at top of text box

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check out the First Baseline Offset as described in this posting:

Spacing at top of text box

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

Thanks for this. "Cap Height" solves the Titillium problem, but for e.g. Arial it bumps up the text so it is outside of the text box. Considering we will be mostly using Titillium, this is a good solution though, thank you!

I assume given that this is only happening with one particular font and not across all Adobe products, the issue is within InDesign?

Thanks again!

Lana

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The choice of which setting to use will depend on the design of the font—most notably the X-height and Cap Height.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines