• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting InDesign File as a pdf

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying to export my indesign file for over an hour and sometimes i get a pop up window saying the "the document's transparency blend space doesnt match the destination color space specified in the export adobe pdf..." I have looked through all forums about this issue and I have it set on CYMK for the transparency blend space. But what has happened to me the most is that it will all go through and "save" but then I open it on my desktop and its a completely blank document. No writing or color. It's just white pages. I have no idea what to do. Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of InDesign and OS?

Which InDesign Acrobat PDF Preset have you selected?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have InDesign CC 2017 on a MacBook and I tried highest quality, lowest quality, and in another forum it suggested trying [PDF/X-4:2008] but none of them worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2017 Jun 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you have a file corruption. Are you able to export other documents to PDF successfuly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have exported other documents into PDF form. When I close and reopen the documents it says that there are links missing and I can relink the missing ones but i don't know how to do that. Could that be why it wont save?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What software do you view your PDF with?

InDesign asking about the transparency space suggests you are using this somewhere. As you are on a Mac: are you perchance using OS X Preview to view your PDFs with? This does not support live transparency in PDFs.

Use Acrobat Reader (no worries: it's free!), unless you are firmly wedded to use Preview, in which case you are probably best off with exporting as the lowest PDF version possible, which will flatten all transparent items. (And that can lead to a subtly different output, so think it through.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do use preview to see the PDF files but I can try using acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying to export my indesign file for over an hour and sometimes i get a pop up window saying the "the document's transparency blend space doesnt match the destination color space specified in the export adobe pdf..."

You'll get the mismatch dialog when the document's transparency blending space conflicts with the Destination profile mode you set in the Export>Output tab—i.e., if your blending space is set to CMYK and your Output>Destination is set to sRGB.

With the default PDF/X-4 preset you would never get the dialog because its default setting is No Color Conversion. In any case the conflict wouldn't produce a blank document, it's just a warning that there might be a change in color appearance in the PDF.

As Derek suggests try making a new document with a few simple page items and see if it exports correctly. If that's the case you might have a document specific corruption that's causing the export to fail. If you can't get any document to export try resetting your preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried using acrobat to open it and it was still blank. I know the transparency blend space is correct because that notification doesn't pop up anymore but it still saves blank. I even double checked by making a new socument with the same files on it and that exported fine so that means that I have a document specific corruption? It's strange though because it's on 2 documents I have been working on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you Package the ID document and share it via Dropbox or your Cloud account?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've tried publishing it online with the new feature and that didn't work either. And I just tried to package it and it didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines