• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Batch change date by 1 year

Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2017 Jul 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know you can off set the time of a batch of photos by a certain number of hours (+8hrs). But I need to do this for years (e.g. keep the time and date, but change the year from 2015 to 2017). I need to do this for a few thousand photos. Is there any way I can automate it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 01, 2017 Jul 01, 2017

To build on F. McLion's reply, this article explains in detail how Edit Capture Time can do what you want: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/time-camera-incorrect-change-capture-time/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never tried, however, you can do this with the same tool in LR you use for the hours offset.

Lr will keep the offset from the most selected to the other selected images and will correct accordingly.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To build on F. McLion's reply, this article explains in detail how Edit Capture Time can do what you want: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/time-camera-incorrect-change-capture-time/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 24, 2018 Jun 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, there is still not a way to change the date on a batch of photos and not have the time reference ripple from the "most selected" photo to the others.   This is a disaster if you try to change the date on  a batch of photos all taken the same day but scanned in dozens of different dates/times.

I archive a lot of images from scanning and have to use exiftool to change the dates because lightroom can not do it unless you do one at a time.  All the other metadata LR does fine, but not create dates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there is still not a way to change the date on a batch of photos and not have the time reference ripple from the "most selected" photo to the others.   ...and have to use exiftool...

The Capture Time To Exif plugin provides a convenient way to do this without having to run ExifTool from outside LR.

Though many of us rely on LR as a digital asset manager for scans and other documents, Adobe has always focused on its original conception of LR as a workflow tool for photographers using digital cameras, and it's given very low priority to bug fixes and feature requests for other DAM uses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply

The link does not work for me.  but i found it here: In-Lightroom interface for Exiftool

This is exiftool.exe with a lightroom plugin gui.  Ill try it out, but its not too much different than what I am already doing (except this costs money)

How hard would it be to put a checkbox in LR that says "dont ripple date"!  Very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see you voted for the feature request in the official Adobe feedback forum, good: Lightroom: Edit Capture Time issue - Need a way to set all photos selected to same date & time | Pho... . Adobe product developers read everything posted there but are rarely seen in this forum.

The feature is quite easy to implement. The Photoshop Elements Organizer has had the feature for at least ten years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your comments.  It at least comforts me that I am not the only one puzzled by the lack of this feature.

Also, many people do not even understand that it is a problem.  Folks that only take digital pictures dont get how frustrating this is for large batches of scanned images.

Thanks for your comments, and understanding.  Im trying the lightroom plugin now to see if that flows faster than an external tool

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks again.  I just processed a bunch of photos using the plugin you pointed me to.  It is a better process than using the external tool.  Thanks for the tip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines