• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cant use LR 5.7.1 even I already purchased.

Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already have LR 5 CD but I can not use 5.7.1 which require me a serial number but mine doesn't work at all. How come?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you bought the LR 5 CD, you received a serial number which is also good for Lightroom 5.7.1. If you can't find your serial number, you can find it using the information in this document: Where to find preference files for Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5  (but really, you need to develop a way to keep track of ALL of your serial numbers, not just Lightroom)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know my serial number but it's not working for 5.7.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Explain ... provide details ... what are you doing, and what happens that indicates that it doesn't work.

Also, please confirm/double check that this is a Lightroom 5 serial number, and that this is actually LR 5.7.1 that you are applying the serial number to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I download 5.7.1, it requires me to enter the serial number. I put my serial number but it's not working at all. I cant even access to my LR that I've been used for 7 years. If I cant access to LR5, then I have to use a trial version for 30 days. It just say invalid serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please follow the link I gave and extract the serial number from the serial number file and see if that works.

Also, I don't see where you have double-checked and confirmed that you have a LR 5 serial number (maybe you have your LR 4 serial number?) and that you are actually opening Lightroom 5.7.1. You need to confirm that you have a LR 5 serial number and that you are opening LR 5.7.1 and not some other version of Lightroom that might be installed on your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already registered in LR and Adobe website. 5.2 works fine but 5.7.1 is not working.

I never used LR 4 but 5. I do have LR 5 serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So launch Lightroom, go to Help->system Info, and show us a screen capture, so we can see what version of Lightroom has actually opened on your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR 5.2 was open properly but after I download and open LR 5.7.1, it requires me to put my serial number but it's not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2017 Jun 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kim7913  wrote

after I download and open LR 5.7.1, it requires me to put my serial number but it's not working.

Please post a screenshot showing the issue.

If your serial number is not working then the forum cannot help with that. You'll have to contact Adobe Customer Care and explain the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already did. They are ignoring this issue. I already register my product long time ago but it just doesn't work at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the first four digits of your serial number--not the whole thing, just the first four?  The first four digits are the same for every LR serial number so you're not giving away any private information by telling us the first four.  Also how many digits total in the serial number?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those are the same four digits as I have for all my LR serial numbers--at least until I got the cloud and it doesn't use serial numbers.

1)  Are you able to enter the 1160-something serial number into any 6 boxes of 4 digits, anywhere, during or after you install?

2)  If you are able to enter the 24-digits, does it give you a red-X at the end or does it give you a green checkmark but then complains, later, about the serial number not being right?

3) If you are not able to enter the serial number, what do you see when you click Register or License?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Yes

2. Neither. It just shows yellow box that my serial number is not valid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is late, here, close to 2am, so I will be leaving this conversion for a number of hours...maybe someone else can pick things up.

But before I do, one more thing.  If you go to https://www.adobe.com/  then go to your Products area: https://accounts.adobe.com/products

do you see the serial number you're entering associated with LR 5 or not?

All LR5.x versions would use the same serial number so whatever worked with LR 5.2 should still work with LR 5.7.1.

You say you see a yellow box about the serial number being invalid.  Does this happen immediately after you enter the 24th digit or do you click on some button or link before that box shows up?  Is the yellow box within the same area as where you're typing the serial number or is it a popup message that overlays the panel where you've typed in the serial number?

Here are the general reasons I can think of why a serial number isn't accepted:

1)  The serial number is being typed incorrectly and you should see a red-X at the end, as far as I can remember although it's been a few years.  You're indicating this isn't exactly what happens, that you see a yellow box at some point.

2)  The serial number is for another version of LR like LR 4 or LR 6 and won't work with LR 5.

3)  Conversely, you've installed another version of LR than LR 5, perhaps 4 perhaps 6 and a LR 5 serial number won't work.

4)  You've already licensed the software 2 times and this will be the third.  You're only allowed to license LR on two computers at a time so if you've reached the limit you'll need to deactivate one of the others, somehow.  If you still have access to the computer, then there should be an option to deactivate or at least sign-out.  It's been several years since I've isntalled LR 5.x so I don't recall exactly what menu items exist for deactivating.  If you don't have access to the old computer then you'll neeed to talk to Adobe to deactivate the software on the old computer.  If someone else has licensed their LR5 with your serial number, then it would count as an activation even if you didn't do it, yourself. 

5)  The serial number you're entering is an upgrade, so you'll need to supply both the prior version and the current versions' serial numbers.  Again, it has been a few years, so I don't remember the precise order, if you enter the new one first, or the previous one first, and if there is a some way to tell it the version you are installing is an upgrade vs the "full" version that doesn't require a prior purchase and that serial number to also be entered.

6)  The version of LR you purchased is limited in time because it is a student version purchased through a specific entity that didn't sell a forever license. 

Are any of these what has happened?

Giving the exact working of the error message and the specific actions you took and buttons you clicked on just before seeing the error message would be helpful.

This is a user-to-suer forum and most people on here probably don't have LR 5 on their computer anymore or at least it's been a few years since they installed it so don't exactly remember all the details.  Others have asked for screenshots and details about what you're doing and most of those questions have remained unanswered.  None of us are Adobe, here, so we cannot lookup your account on the server and see how many activations nor what versions of what products you might have purchased and if any are time-limited and such.

If you're unsure how to include a screenshot in a message, reply on the forum website, not via e-mail, and use the "photo" icon to upload a saved image from your computer:

You can also try just copy/pasting the image like I did, above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of them. It worked when I format my computer before and recently I format my two computers already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You say that you registered the product with Adobe?

As of my knowledge, even while there is no support anymore for the LR 5 product series,  Adobe still supports the users on serial number issues. Please phone your local Adobe support or contact them via chat (details are on the website Find your serial number ).

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have been using the same version of LR for 7 years then what you have is NOT Lightroom 5.

LR 5 was released in 2013, June. That is 4 years ago.

LR 4 came out in 2012, 5 years ago, and LR 3 in 2009, 8 years ago.

So I don't know what version you thought you were using for the last 7 years but it certainly wasn't LR 5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a screenshot of the yellow error message after you enter your serial number.  The specific wording of the message in yellow is important.  Also tell us the last few things you've typed and clicked just before receiving this message in yellow.  It might be helpful to see the entire panel including where the serial number is, but be careful not to include a readable image of your serial number, by drawing-over, smudging, or blurring the serial number area.

As Just Shoot Me starts to point out, if you've been using LR for 7 years, then your LR 5 could be an upgrade to a prior version, which means you need to enter both your current serial number for LR 5 and the prior version of LR's serial number, perhaps it was LR 3, but any prior version will do that you've purchased and can find the serial number of.

If you upgraded on a computer that had the previous version of LR installed, then the new LR upgrade would automatically find and use the prior version's serial number without asking for or your having to type it; however, if you are installing an upgrade version to a newly-formatted computer, then you would need both your LR 5 serial number and the prior version's serial number.  

I'm guessing that is the situation you have, and you're not understanding the selections and verbiage of the serial-number entry area to get it to accept 2 serial numbers.  It may also be that you never registered your previous version of LR with Adobe and so cannot even look up your serial number, there, but hopefully that is not the case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im using LR5 and I do have a package. I already registered LR5 when I purchased it. Screen Shot 2017-06-29 at 11.28.42 AM.png

This is what Im getting if I enter my serial code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at what Just Shoot Me​ wrote and contact Adobe. They will help you, if you really have a correct LR5 serial number.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I kept contacting them and they kept ignoring me by leaving the chat without any reasons. How am I suppose to get help? I have all packages and CD right now and I can prove that I own these.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are the boxes from LR 4 and 3, respectively.

IMG_0277-Reduced.jpg

IMG_0281-Reduced.jpg

Which one does you box look like.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you take a picture of the outside of the box Lightroom came in and post that to this thread?

This is the outside of the box LR 5 comes in.

IMG_0275-Reduced.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines