• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR cc will not backup catalog

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2017 Jul 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last week I upgraded from LR5 to LR-CC and have experienced no problems until today.  My catalog is scheduled to be backed up weekly on exit and today was the first instance of that.  I received a message that the backup could not be completed and I should check permissions and disk space on the target folder.....I have full control of the folder and there is tons of space available.  I found instructions to download from creative cloud a file "config.lua" and place it in the LR presets folder and followed that procedure exactly, but NO success.  What now?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jul 03, 2017 Jul 03, 2017

Thank you for your offer of assistance.  After multiple frustrating efforts yesterday, I left my computer alone overnight and just came back to it.  Upon opening and then closing LR, the backup proceeded as it normally would prior to my upgrade.  I made no changes to any settings since yesterday.  Anyway, the problem is solved and I will pay no more attention to it 🙂   BTW, I have a full disk image scheduled every night, so the backup from within LR is kinda like wearing suspenders in addition

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2017 Jul 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screen-clip showing the Backup dialog with the folder for the backup evident?

Is that folder (as shown) available and with full Read/Write permissions?  Is an external drive plugged in and operating?

I suggest also to change the  backup frequency in catalog settings {Menu >Edit>Catalog Settings) to "every time Lr exits"

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2017 Jul 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your offer of assistance.  After multiple frustrating efforts yesterday, I left my computer alone overnight and just came back to it.  Upon opening and then closing LR, the backup proceeded as it normally would prior to my upgrade.  I made no changes to any settings since yesterday.  Anyway, the problem is solved and I will pay no more attention to it 🙂   BTW, I have a full disk image scheduled every night, so the backup from within LR is kinda like wearing suspenders in addition to a belt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines