Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is this in my text box?

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2017 Jul 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I've got this document from another and i am doing some changes.

But what is this in my text boxes?! See screen shot, in the cirkel.. Three small bobles, i think they are making problems for me.. The original document was set to web, but i'm now making it for a brochure instead of web.

Thanks for your time.

- Marlene

Screen Shot 2017-07-01 at 21.38.43.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 01, 2017 Jul 01, 2017

For some reason the person you received the file from applied an animation to the text frame. You can see the same "bubbles" on the one below:

InDesign CC014.png

To turn the animation off, open the Animation panel (Window > Interactive > Animation). From the Preset menu (right under the name), choose None:

InDesign CC015.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason the person you received the file from applied an animation to the text frame. You can see the same "bubbles" on the one below:

InDesign CC014.png

To turn the animation off, open the Animation panel (Window > Interactive > Animation). From the Preset menu (right under the name), choose None:

InDesign CC015.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's hard to find in the Online Help if you look for "text frame adornments" (their official name), but fortunately there's always InDesignSecrets! It's #4 in their last year's "Identify the Adornment contest": https://indesignsecrets.com/identify-the-adornments-contest-answer-and-winner.php​ – an animation.

(Even knowing what it is, the adornment does not appear in the Help at the appropriate location, Animate InDesign objects in your documents ​... You can see them in the video, though.)

Why did your designer designate these frames as "animation"? Who knows – it may well have been done accidentally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines