• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: Bounding Box lines appear in exported PDF (BRANCHED)

Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2017 Jul 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, im new in indesign and im creating a pdf and when I hit export the output created its with a bounding box, this only happens with drop shadow applied. please could someone help me out over here. background should be white Captura de pantalla 2017-07-01 a la(s) 16.40.16.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've branched your post to a new discussion. Please do not re-open long dead threads. I doesn't help anyone get an answer.

What version of InDesign? What operating system? What type of images are those? What PDF viewer are you using?

Finally, you may want to read through this: https://indesignsecrets.com/eliminating-ydb-yucky-discolored-box-syndrome.php

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thx im using latest version of adobe idd I've using preview app on the Mac, images are .jpg and I've tried the tutorial but im printing cmyk appears greyed out. thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is probably caused by viewing the PDF in Preview (an inferior PDF previewer). Download Adobe Reader free from Adobe.com. It's a much better PDF reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thx for your answering, is there any way to view the preview of the output file? before exporting it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have a light gray background on your image that you needs to be deleted (in Photoshop). (You can't have a transparent background with JPGs - unlike PSD and PNG formats - so that doesn't help either.)

I suggest you remove the background and shadow and then put the shadow back on a nice tranparent background and then Place the new image as a native PSD file in your InDesign document. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2017 Jul 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The light grey here it's not the problem. If i deactivate the drop shadow the bounding box disappears. So here the problem it's the way that I'm exporting the PDF. As I see. Thx for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines