• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

animations at digital publishing

Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2017 Jul 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello , i am working a digital magazine for my university and i uses some animations like spin and fade in.. nobody of them can work at the fianl preview! can somebody expalin me how to make them work? thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 01, 2017 Jul 01, 2017

Recent versions of InDesign allow you to produce formats like Publsh Online, which can include animations. You can't do this with InDesign CS6. In any case, the animations you describe might be described as overrated and become irritating to the reader. I suggest you produce your magazine as a PDF - it can be read on any device that has the Acrobat reader, is it easy to produce, if you know InDesign, and it can include hyperlinks to other parts of the magazine and to external websites, even some

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of InDesign and OS do you have and which format is the final output to be?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i use indisigne cs6 in windows 10 and the output is digitalpublishing for ipad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which digital format are you exporting to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DPS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot use native animations in DPS without first converting them HTML.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you very much , but im a new user so i dont undertand how i could do that! could you explain me please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are you hoping to accomplish with DPS? You may well be wasting your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to create an interactive tablet magazine and present it to my school

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recent versions of InDesign allow you to produce formats like Publsh Online, which can include animations. You can't do this with InDesign CS6. In any case, the animations you describe might be described as overrated and become irritating to the reader. I suggest you produce your magazine as a PDF - it can be read on any device that has the Acrobat reader, is it easy to produce, if you know InDesign, and it can include hyperlinks to other parts of the magazine and to external websites, even some transitions, which may work on some platforms!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2017 Jul 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can create beautiful interactive presentation with video, audio, animations and hyperlinks to read on computer and mobile (tablet and smartphone) using InDesign CC2015 and above. The format is .ePub fixed layout. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were you told to use DPS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my teacher

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It saddens me to hear that.

There is virtually zero reason to be teaching this today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what do you think would be better for my result?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It really depends on the goal but if it’s to work with InDesign interactive features than Fixed Layout EPUB, but that will require an upgrade to Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2017 Jul 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You should tell your teacher that DPS has been dropped by Adobe and has now become DEM (Digital Experience Manager) and it's only affordable by huge, wealthy corporations and publishers.

As mentioned, encourage your teacher to upgrade to InDesign CC2015/2017, where you have access to digital formats such as Reflowable Text ePub, FXL ePub and Publish Online.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, if you can upgrade to creative cloud with Publish Online. I Think it's the first good Way to put animated docs online after with more skills, the EPub Will be yours

It saddens me to hear that.

There is virtually zero reason to be teaching this today.

I'm French and completely agree with you !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines