Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My .fla file won't export links!

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2017 Jul 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I've created a .fla file to use as a menu. When I preview it by pressing CTRL+Enter, the links work. Howver, they don't work once I actually publish the file.

This is true for SVG as well as HTML5/Javascript. The file seems to render okay, that is, the background and contents are there but static. It was originally created in Illustrator, if that's relevant.

Can anyone give me any pointers about what I might be doing wrong? I can add the fla if anyone needs to see the specifics

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 01, 2017 Jul 01, 2017

you're publishing an html file (along with a js and probably images) so yes, the html must be opened in a browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

svg isn't going to be interactive.

are you testing your html5 in your browser?  if so, are you opening the html file on your harddrive or on a server?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for your reply.

The SVG idea was really to investigate further.

This is the thing. The preview seems to run on a server (127.0.0.1) and that works okay.

I've been opening the output file directly through the file system - is that the difference?

I'll try that now.

Thanks

Ali

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kglad​ Tried it and... it works! I did not know or expect you cold only access this through the browser.

Good to know, thanks

Ali

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How else would you run an HTML document except in a browser?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're publishing an html file (along with a js and probably images) so yes, the html must be opened in a browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines