• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Question about the Before/After menu on the Develop toolbar

Enthusiast ,
Jul 01, 2017 Jul 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I do soft proofing, I always create a proof copy, and I always use the Before/After button on the Develop toolbar (the button that looks like YY) to display the master photo side-by-side with the proof copy.  Of course I also use the split view.  During soft proofing, I only make changes to the proof copy.

My question concerns the Before menu that appears on the toolbar when a Before/After view is active. Since I want to compare the proof copy with the master, I select Master Photo from the Before menu. 

before menu.jpg

Is it really necessary to do this?  I haven't been able to find any difference between using Master Photo, Before State, and Current State.  They all display the same version of the image in the left pane.  Perhaps there are use cases where it make a difference which one I use. 

Am I doing the right thing in selecting Master Photo?  Is there a danger in choosing Before State or Current State?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Hi JIsner,

This is something few customers have asked before, Check out this discussion Lightroom: Eliminate the "master/copy" relationship for virtual copies | Photoshop Family Customer Community and add your vote as well.

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate
Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi JIsner,

This is something few customers have asked before, Check out this discussion Lightroom: Eliminate the "master/copy" relationship for virtual copies | Photoshop Family Customer C... and add your vote as well.

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines