• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to create and index of photos at the end of my book

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2017 Jul 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rather than labelling each photo, I want an index list using the photos titles and page reference at the end of my Lightroom CC book.. I would prefer not to do this manually and also have it update when I move photos. Is this possible? Regards Paul

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 03, 2017 Jul 03, 2017

Nothing found in a Google search. There is a 4 year old request for this capability where you can add your 'Me To' vote. A new request here will get more attention, but it's probably low on Adobe's list of new features.

Lightroom: Book module and page numbering; building indexes and table of contents | Photoshop Family Customer Communit…

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 02, 2017 Jul 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no way to "automatically" add an index table in the LR book module. However, you can add "automatic" photo titles using the 'Text' panel. Where are you entering the photo titles for each photo?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will have to make the index manually.

> First make your index in a text document

Then:

> Select automatic numbering under the page tab.

> Select the page to be used for the index and click the “Change Page Layout” icon.

> Scroll down to text pages and choose the first one for free flowing text.

> Copy index from text document and paste nto the text cell.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And there's no plug in that  will do it??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 03, 2017 Jul 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing found in a Google search. There is a 4 year old request for this capability where you can add your 'Me To' vote. A new request here will get more attention, but it's probably low on Adobe's list of new features.

Lightroom: Book module and page numbering; building indexes and table of contents | Photoshop Family...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2017 Jul 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Beardsworth has written a script that will create a list of image filenames.

Filenames – Lightroom Solutions

Select the images in a (book) collection and run the script- it shows the filenames, comma separated, that can then be copy/paste into a word/text editor table or a spreadsheet. This can get a book index part the way saving much typing of filenames, just add the page numbers and sort the table as required.

It works great for filenames, and in the link above, John talks about modifying the script to list another metadata field (eg. Title) but I cannot give "qualified" advice on this, however I was able to edit the script and have it list Titles successfully.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2017 Jul 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks very much... I followed the instructions and changed "filename" to "title" in the script (getFormattedMetadata(‘title’) and indeed I was able to generate a text list of the titles.... very helpful indeed! Still would be nice if LR could make an index page, but... ta.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines