• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Apple TV Cache folder on Lightroom v6 Standalone program (not the app) ?

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2017 Jul 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just installed the test version of Lightroom 6 to see if I want to replace my old Apple iPhoto app which I have been using for years.  Obviously LH6 is a far more powerful tool but i'm trying to get my head around how it might work with Apple TV gen 4.

I can see from other threads that exporting photos into a specific separate folder which is then mapped to the Apple TV via home sharing in iTunes is one solution but the fact that LH6 creates it's own "Apple TV Cache" folders on the fly suggests that there may be a more straight forward method.  That said I have tried mapping iTunes Home Sharing to the sub directories that LH6 creates without any success.

I do wish these two companies would stop being so awkward towards each other products.  It's obvious that Adobe has the more powerful software and Apple has all the sexiest equipment to use it on so why not just co-operate in the interest of all the end users !!?

Anyway enough of the rant, does anyone know anything about this cash directory please ??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jul 05, 2017 Jul 05, 2017

Hi fdt,

With Lightroom for Apple TV, you’ll be able to share your photos one by one in a slideshow.

All your photos, are always available with your latest edits. In Lightroom for Apple TV, you can view and share all of your synced Lightroom photos including photos you’ve uploaded via Lightroom CC on your desktop, Lightroom on mobile, or Lightroom on the web.

Lightroom for Apple TV requires an Apple TV 4th Gen as well as a Creative Cloud subscription to login.

The folder created by Lightroom on Appl

Votes

Translate

Translate
Jul 05, 2017 Jul 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi fdt,

With Lightroom for Apple TV, you’ll be able to share your photos one by one in a slideshow.

All your photos, are always available with your latest edits. In Lightroom for Apple TV, you can view and share all of your synced Lightroom photos including photos you’ve uploaded via Lightroom CC on your desktop, Lightroom on mobile, or Lightroom on the web.

Lightroom for Apple TV requires an Apple TV 4th Gen as well as a Creative Cloud subscription to login.

The folder created by Lightroom on Apple TV is local to Lightroom only.

You may refer this article How to set up Lightroom for Apple TV app  for more details.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines