• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

default topics

Apr 25, 2007 Apr 25, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, All!

I've just created a new project, and one of the programmers has asked if I can set up RoboHelp so that each book will have its own default topic, which will show when the book is clicked on.

Or are we limited to one general default topic that appears when RH is activated?

Lon

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Apr 25, 2007 Apr 25, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lon

Sure thing. Just create an HTML topic for each book. Then you edit the Book properties in the TOC. Just right-click the book and select Properties via the context menu. See that check box near the top labeled "Book with link"? Click to place a check mark there. Now you can associate the book with its default topic.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 20, 2008 Oct 20, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a related question about "Book with Link." I used this feature in a subproject (Unity Code Reference) and it works fine. But, because the Code Reference is so large, I decided to keep it as a separate subproject and merge it with the main project (Unity Software). When I compile the main project, I see the Unity Code Reference book and all the topics, but clicking the book doesn't bring up the default topic that I configured with "Book with Link."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you are talking about sounds like an external reference. For the scenario you describe, why not try merged webhelp.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
What you are talking about sounds like an external reference. For the scenario you describe, why not try merged webhelp?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp