• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Index does not work correctly in Firefox

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2008 Oct 20, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use WebHelp in Robohelp and had created my Index with the index wizard. I recently had complaints about wrong topics opening when using the index. This does not happen with content. I have not looked closer at search to see if it is happening here.

When I went back to troubleshoot, I discovered that all the links were correct. Further investigation showed that the problem was only happening in Firefox not in IE. The problem also did not occur all the time. I then realized that it was isolated to topics within books or secondary level topics. The first time that you click on a link that is a sublevel in your TOC it would go to the main topic (book level). The breadcrumb only shows that level. But the next time you would click on a link it would go one level further (topic page level). So, if you clicked on the link twice, the first time it would go to the level above and the second time it would go to the correct level. (First click breadcrumb AA>BB and the second click AA>BB>CC. The first click should take it to the second example, not the first.) This only happens in Firfox. I am viewing it in Firefox 3.0.1. Is there a work around for this? I do not know how to correct it. The only solution I have is to eliminate the index altogether which would not be fun since I also have a custom created skin that includes the index that would need to be redesigned.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

When you say delete the index, I think you mean delete the TOC?

This is a known problem with Firefox. You have books with links to topics. If you remove those and have the required topic immediately below the book, the problem will go away.

See other posts and my site.

Please post a bug report as Adobe need to fix this.

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the prompt reply.
I meant delete the index. That appeared to be my only solution unless there was a workaround. The ultimate problem is in how the index functions but I believe it is related as you mentioned to how the TOC is set up with links from the book to the specific topics. I will remove the links from the books to the specific topics and put new content in the topics and test again.
Jennifer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe what you are referring to is when you select something in the Index and then view the TOC, the synchronisation is wrong. If so, yes try the test you propose.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Peter

I removed the links in the books in the TOC that linked to topic pages and now my index is functioning correctly in Firefox.
Thanks for the help.

Jennifer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp