• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Replacing footage in the project and skewing a shape?

Engaged ,
Jul 02, 2017 Jul 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. I already have a video in the Timeline and I want to replace it with another version of the video that is the same length. How can I do this?

2. I need to skew the perspective of a shape. Is there a free transform tool to do this similar as what is in PS?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Jul 02, 2017 Jul 02, 2017

1. Select the video layer in the timeline.

Alt or Option drag the replacement layer from the project panel onto the selected timeline layer.

2. Nothing directly equivalent, but try:

Effects > Distort > Corner pin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,
Jul 02, 2017 Jul 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Select the video layer in the timeline.

Alt or Option drag the replacement layer from the project panel onto the selected timeline layer.

2. Nothing directly equivalent, but try:

Effects > Distort > Corner pin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 04, 2017 Jul 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for replacing footage, an alternative method to alt + drag, is highlighting the timeline layer and the new source in the project window and hitting Ctrl+Alt+/. I use this most of the time since it's faster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

-thumb.jpgIndividual shape transforms do have skew properties.  Group nodes also do.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

True - I interpreted the OP's comment in terms of a generalised 'shape', not a shape layer... but on second reading, maybe that's what the OP is working with...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Pinning is more powerful option anyway & the OP did mention perspective, which I didn't realize when I posted about the skew property.

For true perspective you need to use one of the pinning tools.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines