• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"ink" spots on photos within library.

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2017 Jul 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just imported and processed about 900 photos from a swim meet that I shot yesterday.  When I was finishing and getting ready to export I noticed that there are dark blue and sometimes red splotches that look ilke ink stains on most of the photos.  They weren't there when I originally processed them.  Why did this happen and how do I get rid of them?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 02, 2017 Jul 02, 2017

This looks very much like an adjustment brush stroke that was applied to one photo and then accidentally applied to other photos (perhaps because you had auto-sync turned on?). In the develop module, in the History panel on the left, look for words like "Add Brush Stroke".

If those words appear in the History panel at the top, all you have to do is click on the item below the last "Add Brush Stroke". If they appear in the middle or lower, or if these words don't appear at all, you'd have to click

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be very helpful if you could show us a screen capture.

However, it is possible that what you are seeing are the clipping indicators in the develop module (is that where you see these?) If that's what it is, you can press J once or twice or thrice to remove them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sample ink spot.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I put the screen shot above.  There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to where the spots are.  They are different in each shot.  Tried the pressing J, that wasn't it unfortunately.  The colors are different depending upon what it behind them.  When on skin it's a dark red.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This looks very much like an adjustment brush stroke that was applied to one photo and then accidentally applied to other photos (perhaps because you had auto-sync turned on?). In the develop module, in the History panel on the left, look for words like "Add Brush Stroke".

If those words appear in the History panel at the top, all you have to do is click on the item below the last "Add Brush Stroke". If they appear in the middle or lower, or if these words don't appear at all, you'd have to click on the Adjustment Brush tool, then right-click on the adjustment brush "pin" and select Delete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are brilliant.  Thank you so much!  Nailed it on the head. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines