• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom uploading troubles

Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have determined that uploading pictures from my iPhone 7+ to my Mac. computer did not work until I blew out the dust from the connection hole bottom of my phone.  If I do not blow out the dust my phone only beeps and no true connection is made.  I've tried other cords and have the same difficulty.  So, has anyone else had this problem and what did you do?  I don't want to put my phone into a completely covered case.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 30, 2017 Jun 30, 2017

Hi,

You can install Lightroom iOS app on your phone and sync your images. All the synced images will be appear on Lightroom Desktop.

Get started with Lightroom for mobile app on iOS

Sync photos between Lightroom on your computer and mobile devices |

-Kanheiya

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2017 Jun 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not so much a LIghtroom problem, more about maintaining cleanliness in your own gear.

I had a similar problem with the SD card contacts in a compact camera- a fine paint brush and a camera lens blower solved my problem.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You can install Lightroom iOS app on your phone and sync your images. All the synced images will be appear on Lightroom Desktop.

Get started with Lightroom for mobile app on iOS

Sync photos between Lightroom on your computer and mobile devices |

-Kanheiya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's fantastic, Kanheiya!  I've had the LR app on my phone for 3 years and not used it. Are you literally saying that with the app my photos will be moved to my computer without any plug-ins?  Looking over the sites you mention I'm not sure I understand completely (because I'm awfully poor with the intricacies of computers, by trade I'm more of an artist using LR and Photoshop all the time).  It looks like a step by step procedure, but maybe you can itemize those steps for me and I can follow the web-site instructions at the same time. Thanks very very much, you have no idea how much time and trouble this may save me!

Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I've figured it out. Basically I had to do very little because my pictures are already showing up in my LR folders under "Rick Krach's iPhone."  One more question, however, how do I make the pictures in LR Mobile app automatically be given a "date/filename" instead of just a filename?  Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 02, 2017 Jul 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It's good to hear that you are able to sync your images from iPhone to desktop. Currently Mobile App don't support to rename file names.

-Kanheiya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 02, 2017 Jul 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Kanheiya. One more thing, my phone says there should be a "correct" word below any answer, but I only see "Helpful, Like, Reply, and Translate."  I have never seen a place to give credit to the person who gives me a good answer, like you have!!

Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more thing, Kanheiya, can I NOT sync videos?  And the actual syncing of my photos does take many, many minutes.  Is there any way to speed the process? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you can sync videos only through iOS App(not supported in Android App). Sync time depends on file size and internet speed.

As Video files are of more size they take more time to sync. May be some videos are syncing. what is the total size of images you are syncing?

-Kanheiya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My photos are generally in the 6 to 10 mb range, panoramas can be 50 mb, and videos can be 100 or more.  Therefore, with the slow internet speed that I have I guess it's very hard to use the LR app. and maybe should go back to trying to import directly to my computer via cord.  I know that the cord connection to the plug on the back of my mac is not good but haven't been able to clean or fix it.  Yes, there are 4 usb plugs and I'll just have to keep trying them all....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines