• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No Image on Screen When Opening From Lightroom

Explorer ,
Jul 02, 2017 Jul 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open from Lightroom I have a blank screen in Photoshop however the tab shows that it has been loaded.  My only work around is to click the F kay, but it is becoming very annoying and limiting in some ways.  I recall this happening a while ago and it seemed to correct itself somehow, but it is back and I would like to fix it.

Michael Palumbo

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 03, 2017 Jul 03, 2017

Could you please post a screenshot to illustrate the issue?

Does turning off »Use Graphics Processor« in the Performance Preferences (Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Graphic Processor Settings) and Photoshop > Preferences > Camera Raw > Use Graphics Processor and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2017 Jul 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What have you done for trouble-shooting so far?

Restoring Preferences after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved might be a good starting point:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-trouble-shooting-steps.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click on Cmd E (edit in PS), I get this screen that actually shows it open in the layers panel, but it is not visible.

I tried several things like resizing and using the move tool which brings a corrupted image partially into view. Hitting the F key does not help.

Exiting Ps and starting over produces the same result, but if I click the F key without trying to drag it in from the side brings it to this non-tabbed screen and then functions normally. Multiple clicks on the F key will continue to give me a blank screen when it cycles to the tabbed screen.

After doing several tests I think the real problem goes beyond opening from Lightroom. I just tried to open a jpg directly from Ps with the same result.

After this trouble shooting it seems that the problem is that images will not display properly in the tabbed view.

Michael Palumbo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does turning off »Use Graphics Processor« in the Performance Preferences (Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Graphic Processor Settings) and Photoshop > Preferences > Camera Raw > Use Graphics Processor and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That fixed it.  I am running a little late for a job so if you followup with any more suggestions I will not be able to respond for a few hours.  Thanks.  This seems to be the problem.

Michael Palumbo

(contact info removed by moderator)

Michael Palumbo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may want to remove your personal data from the last post.

Anyway turning off »Use Graphics Processor« is no proper solution as it invalidates GPU dependent features (like the Rotate View Tool for example) but it indicates problems with the GPU driver or the OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M

Let me know if you need any other info.

Michael Palumbo

mpphoto@me.com <mailto:mpphoto@me.com>

cell/ text: 504 858-8496

www.mpphotography.com

Michael Palumbo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contacted Apple and both OS and GPU drivers are up to date. Also, did some basic diagnostics and it checked out.

While I had the GPU turned off I did some work in Photoshop using the Wacom tablet and it seemed to work much better than it has in months. I have been having serious issues with it and the only partial solution is to use older drivers which makes it somewhat tolerable, but still challenging. I have spent hours with Wacom and we never really resolved the issues so this also may point to the GPU, but I’ve not done enough work to be certain.

Please let me know what steps to take next and if Apple can do anything to assist. Thanks.

Michael Palumbo

www.mpphotography.com

Michael Palumbo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I’m having trouble getting onto the site, but I don’t want to stop pursuing a solution for this problem.

Michael Palumbo

www.mpphotography.com

Michael Palumbo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines