• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Search box query

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2017 Jul 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two (probably) simple problems. Firstly, I wanted to see an small version of my image, together with its camera data (f-stop, shutter speed, iso) in PS CC ... so I typed 'view image exif' into the search box on the top right. The search worked, but the link wasn't relevant. Now, I can't remove the text I typed into the search box - X won't work, nor can I highlight and delete it, and the link won't work second time around. I can close the search box but the text is still there when I reopen.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

moved to photoshop forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Closing the search box and reopening with the last search still in place is normal. Not being able to highlight and delete the search string is not. Does that remain after closing and re-opening Photoshop?

As for your first query:

File >File Info will show you the exif data in Photoshop.

If you want to view several images with the Exif data displaying as you scroll through them then the best bet is to use  Bridge. Bridge is no longer installed as standard with CC but is available to install, via the CC desktop app, with no extra costs incurred.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave, The text disappears when I reload Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, The In-App Search feature lets you search tools, panels, menus, Adobe Stock assets, and help content/tutorials from directly within Photoshop.

Obviously there is something strange if you cannot delete the string you have entered in the search box...

Do you have the latest version of photohop CC 2017?

Can you check it in your creative cloud panel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Francesco, Yes, Photoshop is up to date. I managed to glimpse the text that said it was up to date before the panel brought up the button that says it is open. Of course, Photoshop, Lightroom and Bridge are NOT actually open right now... But I guess that's some other issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2017 Jul 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using some Photoshop extension or some plugin?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or are you using some operating system extension or extra?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Again, not that I know of. It was a fresh out of the box Dell Inspiron 15 series computer with Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not that I know of. I downloaded adobe cc (PS, LR, Bridge and Camera Raw) last Wednesday, I think. It's a completely new Windows 10 computer but - due to a problem with This PC pointing to One Drive - I've left all my images on an external hard drive right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines