Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Required help for logo making.

Jul 03, 2017 Jul 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am new to photoshop and have been trying to make a simple logo for my webste

I just need a relevant logo with 'Gaming on the move' written beneath it.

Can anyone guide me relevantly?

I have learnt the very basics of Photoshop.

Website location removed by moderator

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create your logo with vector. Shapes and text layer. Convert the text layes to shape layers and then merge all layers into a single shape layer. Define you Logo as a custom shape using that layer path.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you need to unpick that advice a bit JJ for a Photoshop newbie!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Derek you not going to be able to teach a newbie how.  But you can give then a guiding path.  They need to learn at their own pace.  And need to know what they should be learning about to do some task like creating a logo.  A step by step description would not be good for them they would be lost in no time.

So I posted an overview of the process one should look into.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might find these Lynda.com online video tutorials helpful (you can get a 30-day free trial):

Photoshop CC 2017 Essential Training: The Basics

Logo Design: Techniques

Creating a 3D Logo in Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something to remember.  You will need to use your logo sized for what you want to used it with.  That is one reason a Custom shape is great.  Logo do not need to be a custom shape.  If you create your logo as a raster image file create it larger than you think you will ever need.  Large image resize down in size better then small images scale up in size. PNG files support transparency and the can be scaled when places into other images as a smart object layer.   Learn fancy stuff later like layer styles and Photoshop 3D.  Learn basic Digital Image Processing first.   You need to know the basics.  Once you have a grip on the basics learning more advance Photoshop features will be easier.  DO NOT TRY to SKIP the BASICS.....

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good advice from JJ

One further piece of advice, when creating a logo, also create a greyscale version for use in situations where color isn't available e.g. black and white newspaper ads.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Prior to concerning yourself with the mechanics of preparing the logo, it would prudent to consider the constraints of logo design, one of which is limited size. A logo that must include "Gaming on the move' written beneath it is a tall order if modest size is a primary consideration. Perhaps you should consider placing the type in a circle surrounding a simple, relevant symbol. Make a few sketches and when you have settled on your design, post it here. Many of us can then offer advice regarding its aesthetics and  preparation.  In addition it would be helpful if you included mention of the product or service involved. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

norman.sanders  wrote

Prior to concerning yourself with the mechanics of preparing the logo, it would prudent to consider the constraints of logo design, one of which is limited size. A logo that must include "Gaming on the move' written beneath it is a tall order if modest size is a primary consideration. 

?  A large logo does not require a large file size and what makes "Gaming on the move" a tall order? Surly it will not add much size to any image file size.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i was not referring to file size, but rather to logo size as an element in an ad page, on stationery and as part of related corporate identity material. The primary concern that I addressed was the design concept and its criteria. Not subsequent  "mechanics of preparing the logo." I stated that in my very first sentence. Sorry if that was not clear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is the reason you want to make your logo large so it will scale well to any size you want to use it at

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

esooturkeye13797497, hope my answer is never too late and helpful for you. I know two well-designed, easy, and most importantly free logo tools - DesignEvo logo maker​ and Spark Logo Maker​. They are both very easy to use and very practical. Give them a try and they will save you much time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines