• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No "Send Link" option for XD files in creative cloud

Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the last couple of weeks, my team has noticed that recent XD files that have been saved to Creative Cloud do not offer the option to "Send Link". The only option for new files is "Archive". What's also strange is that newer XD files show up with a smaller icon than older XD files, and the older XD files still have the option to "send link".

Any way to fix this issue? I rely on CC to be able to send my files to our developers and now I'm forced to zip each file in order to share it.

XD-share-fail.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 03, 2017 Jul 03, 2017

Hi Grokked,

We were able to reproduce this issue and have logged a bug for it. I am checking to see if we have a workaround solution for it.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 03, 2017 Jul 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Grokked,

We were able to reproduce this issue and have logged a bug for it. I am checking to see if we have a workaround solution for it.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 03, 2017 Jul 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quick update: It looks like we don't have a workaround solution for it as of yet. If I hear anything to the contrary later, I will post it here.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 05, 2017 Jul 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update Preran! Hope it gets fixed soon.

Cheers,

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a designer who works with a large team of developers on multiple projects, this bug is a major roadblock in our process. Unbelievable that XD has shipped with this bug still in place. Isn't the sharing of files at the core of CC?

Guys, what's going on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note that this is not the expected behavior for XD. We can currently only create a prototype via the desktop application. You can share a link from the mobile companion app if it's already been shared from the desktop, but you can't create a new link from a files from the Creative Cloud.

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure I understand this reply.

I can go to the list of assets in my creative cloud and share EVERY single file type in there, except for Adobe XD. How does this make any sense?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Elaine was talking about sharing the prototype, and you're talking about sharing the .xd file (at least I think you are!).

I just tried the steps, uploaded an .xd file to the assets page, and I do see a send link option:

Screen Shot 2017-10-26 at 10.39.48 AM.png

It's odd that the icon I see is different to your ones. Here's the public link I was given when I used Send Link:

Adobe Creative Cloud

Is there a difference in the way I did it to how you are doing it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colin,

Yes you are correct. I am talking about sharing the actual file, not the prototype. I've just tried again, and I get a different result than you got. I only get the option to archive my XD files. I've attached a screenshot.

screenshot.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At least the icon looks the same as mine now!

Could it be that the drop down menu is layered underneath the icon? Have you tried different browsers?

One thing that would help get around the issue is to click on the icon, it then shows in a page of its own. In the upper right of the page is a Share menu, and Send Link appears in there too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have clicked on the icon and tried to share from it's own page, but still only get the "archive" option.

I'm wondering if it has to do with file permissions...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't know. I was trying in Safari on Mac, so I tried Edge and Firefox under Windows 10. I still get all of the options. I also tried uploading a read only file, and an archive file, and those ones also had all the options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very strange. Oh well, thanks for your help Colin. Much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Someone suggested posting the question in this forum:

File Hosting, Syncing, and Collaboration

I could move this whole topic over there, but that might make people think that the question has had plenty of answers. You could start a new topic of "Share options missing for XD files", or something like that, and show a screenshot of the menu under another file type, and the one under an XD document.

It's not out of the question that it will end up being an XD issue, but the people in that forum might have some good ideas on tracking down where the issue is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going to see if there are any CC assets experts who could pop by to read this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines