Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Weird css - popupspot tag

Oct 20, 2008 Oct 20, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've inherited a project with a very bizarre css file. The word "system" occurs 100s of times. Here's the popupspot tag:

A.popupspot {
font-family: system, system, system, system, system, system, system, system, system, ... (100's of "system"s)... system, sans-serif;
color: #007500;
}
I think it was created in v5. I'm wondering if I can just clean this up?
Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

Back up the CSS first, then do what you like! With the backup, it will be easy to roll back if you have to.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right. I should fix it and move on. It was just so bizarre, I wanted a logical explanation....
Thanks for the welcome and thanks for the wealth of information herein!
Joan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community, Joan

For what it's worth, my own experience with this is that RoboHelp tends to add the font family name each time it has been edited. In this case, perhaps someone had declared that style initially, then tweaked it and closed the Style editor. Tweaked again.... and again... finally arriving at what they wanted. So you might see the name listed repeatedly.

I have seen similar things when editing the Background Image. The first edit may list ../ImageName.GIF. A later edit changes it to ../../ImageName.GIF. And after three or four edits it looks really gnarly. ../../../../ImageName.GIF.

So I personally consider it to be a bug in the way edits to style sheets are handled.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Rick -
How incredibly annoying.
I can't decide what's more annoying - the RoboHelp quirk or the idea that someone edited a style sheet 100's of times....
Thanks for the welcome, btw. And for your info.
Joan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp