• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HELP! Indesign CS6 one document says font is missing, other docs can see the font fine.

Explorer ,
Jul 03, 2017 Jul 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am at a loss.

I have one document which says that Agenda light, medium and bold is missing. If I open another document they are there, see screengrab 1. If I copy and paste those three type boxes to my troublesome document I get the dreaded pink highlight! See screengrab 2. If I try to reselect the typeface through the menu bar nothing changes, still have the pink highlight. (screengrab£)

I have no idea why this is.... I really need to get my troublesome document to see Agenda!

Please help me, I'm losing the will to live.... and very close to screaming. Only clue I have is that on good document, font has the (T1) suffix, and on the bad document that has disappeared.

Thanks. Kate

Screen Shot 2017-07-03 at 12.53.43.pngScreen Shot 2017-07-03 at 12.54.10.pngScreen Shot 2017-07-03 at 13.05.06.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a document fonts folder in the folder containing the document with no font issues? If so, copy it to the other folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the font Agenda is in a "Document Font" folder, it should show in a sub font menu named "Document Only". I don't see this menu in Kathy's screenshot.

document-only.jpg

Kathy, I see you have two Agenda fonts, one is a PostScript and the other is a TrueType, InDesign may get confused if you copy and paste with formatting. Try this, select the text, open Paragraph Style and apply [Basic Paragraph], do the same for Character Style, choose [None] to remove formatting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no documents folder in the 'good' document where it shows.

I use these three fonts time and again as they are standard fonts for one of my clients.

If I copy and paste from the 'bad' document to another indesign document the Agenda font shows fine and the pink highlight disappears. It is so odd.

I really don't want to have to copy and paste all my work to a newly created document, but looks like that might be the only way of solving it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Package the good file. Copy the document fonts folder from there to the folder with the troublesome InDesign file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have Agenda (T1) installed. What happens if you go into the document with Agenda (without the T1) and change the typeface to Agenda (T1) either manually or with the Find Font dialog box?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I try to change it manually see screen grab 1, all looks OK but nothing changes, pink highlight remains.

If I try and change it via Find Fong dialog box the same thing happens, it looks like I can do it but nothing changes. See screen grab 2.

But on all other indesign docs I open there is no problem accessing the fonts! Very odd....

Screen Shot 2017-07-03 at 17.54.21.pngScreen Shot 2017-07-03 at 17.58.50.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another strange thing.... This morning my file was called square carriers.indIt was fine, all worked as it should.

I duplicated the file as I wanted to keep original and make changes to the duplicate. New duplicate file is called square carriers2.ind

This is the troublesome file, the one which can't seem to find Agenda. The original one can find Agenda. So something has happened to it between me duplicating it this morning, making a few changes (updating Illustrator files) and now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to your screen shot you have two versions of Agenda. When you start a new document, what do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 04, 2017 Jul 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have Agenda Light and Bold in TT, and medium font in T1. When I start a new document they are there and useable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 04, 2017 Jul 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As already pointed out, that is not good practice. Pick one and use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines