Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Major Issue w/ Color Profiles

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2017 Jul 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

For the past month, I have been having major issues with my color profiles in Photoshop CC. Suddenly, my colors are appearing desaturated. I have never altered my color profiles, so I don't understand why this is happening.

EXAMPLE:

Here is the color I need:

Screen Shot 2017-07-03 at 10.12.11 AM.png

Here is how it appears in Photoshop:

Screen Shot 2017-07-03 at 10.16.02 AM.png

Again, I have never altered my color profiles. I have always used North America General Purpose 2 with no issues. So far, the only solution for this problem has been to set my Proof Setup to sRGB and then select Proof Colors. Then, when I export the graphic for web, I have to un-select "Convert to sRGB." This is ridiculous, and I don't understand what the issue is. I have uninstalled Photoshop, reinstalled it, made sure that it is up-to-date, etc. but this issue has yet to be resolved.

Can anyone offer insight or a solution to this issue?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your color problem with new document only or are colors in your old image files also effected? Have you reset all Photoshop Tools.  Have you Reset you User ID Photoshop Preferences?

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have reset everything. It seems to only be new documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you edit old documents and make changes to colors are the changes you make the correct color?

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

Can you show a screenshot of your color settings and also confirm the image mode of your new documents (that are giving you the trouble).

The reason I ask is that you say you are using North American General Purpose 2 but see a change when softproofing to sRGB. If you document is in RGB color mode (not CMYK), then North American General Purpose 2 uses sRGB IEC1966-2.1 as it's working RGB space. So soft-proofing to sRGB should show no change.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines