• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Compatibility of Quadro P4000 with Adobe Premiere 5

Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2017 Jun 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish to know if Quadro P4000 will work with the old Adobe Premiere 5. Since my customers old Quadro card has failed and he wants to replace it with the new card.

[Moved out of the Forum comments forum (which is for issues with these forums themselves) and into a product-specific, support forum by a moderator]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems awfully risky using such new technology with such old software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it Premiere Pro CS5 or the real antique Premiere 5?  CS5 does support GPU acceleration but Premiere 5 does not,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bill

Its the old Premiere 5

Any alternative other than upgrading the software ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 01, 2017 Jul 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The old Premiere 5 probably is running on Windows NT or Windows 95.. What is the OS?  That probably will be the deciding factor.  You will need a graphics card driver that works with the OS. I doubt very much that a current generation GPU will have drivers for those vintage OS's.  You may have to find an old GPU.  What is the old GPU model number, I have some antiques laying around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bill

This is having Windows 7 as the OS. When I checked with NVIDIA they told you need to check with Adobe. When I inquired from them online they referred me to this forum.

So waiting for a positive answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since Premiere 5 does not have any GPU acceleration and you have Windows 7 just install any card that you can find with Windows 7 drivers.

I just checked and nVidia Quadro P4000  does have a Windows 7 driver but it requires that your Windows 7 is 64-bit.  What is the OS 64-bit or 32-bit?  That card is single width card.  Does the system require a single width or could it use dual width?

I thank you for that piece of information as I wanted to reinstall Premiere 5 along with TitleDeko to open a very old project with TitleDeko titles to do an update to it.  I was not sure if Premiere 5 would work in Windows 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That customer is very lucky that Premiere 5 even ran at all on even Windows 7 32-bit, let alone Windows 7 64-bit. What's more, at the time Premiere 5.0 came out, Windows 98 was just released to manufacturing. And the systems of that era did not even have PCIe or SATA at all. If the client's system is really that old, you will have to find an old AGP graphics card since PCIe cards such as that Quadro P4000 will not even fit, let alone work in, that old PC.

This is exactly why we are asking for the rest of the hardware specs of the client's PC.

Randall

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks RJL

Thats a good point, need to check. But the customer said they had Quadro 4000, thats using PCI-e x16 slot.

Still need to visit the site and check.

I feel the system is early 2000 or late 1998 so it should have these requirements.

Rajiv

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 02, 2017 Jul 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the original card was a Quadro 4000, I believe that the system in question is from the early days of the i7 branding, circa 2010-2011. Likely the Westmere generation, in the days just before Sandy Bridge began shipping. PCI-e was only announced in 2003, but did not gain widespread popularity until about 2005 or so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2017 Jul 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Guys for all your support, The customer clarified all, His software is Adobe CS5.5 and this will support the Cards. He has been using Quadro 5000 and 6000 Cards with Win 7 OS.

The customer has got this as an Aid, since the card is faulty they are now looking to change it for GTX 1050 Ti cards. Which we have told will not provide performance as the Quadro cards. Lets wait for their reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines