• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Default Prefs file broken in June 2017 Update

Explorer ,
Jul 02, 2017 Jul 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just an FYI: By default, in the newest update (in the Windows version, at least), the hotkeys for GotoCompMarker1 (1) and GotoCompMarker2 (2) are being overridden by some StepBack and StepForward settings. I had to fix this immediately, as these hotkeys have been integral to my workflow forever. Thankfully, editing hotkeys is as easy as editing a text document, but it helps to know what you're looking for.

Here are the relevant portions of the default Windows shortcuts file ("Adobe After Effects 14.2 Win en_US Shortcuts.txt"):

["CCompMarkerCmd"]
    "CompGotoMarker1" = "(1)"
    "CompGotoMarker2" = "(2)"

["CCompPaintCmd"]
    "PaintTimeStepBack" = "(1)(Ctrl+PageUP)"
    "PaintTimeStepForward" = "(2)(Ctrl+PageDOWN)"

Just delete the (1) and the (2) from the "PaintTimeStep..." settings in the ["CCompPaintCmd"] section, save, and restart AE, and your favorite software will once again function as expected.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 03, 2017 Jul 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see the same thing in Mac prefs to.

While these forums are monitored by adobe staff, In the future it's better to file a bug report directly at adobe.com/go/wish it get's the issue right in front of the devs who can fix it. I'll be doing the same

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 03, 2017 Jul 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Spacecat66,

Please file a bug report as foughtthelaw has mentioned, if you haven't already.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Spacecat,

I let the team know about your issue and a link to this discussion. Have you filed a bug yet?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines