• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Some Hyperlinks not Working in WebHelp

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2008 Oct 20, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have several hyperlinks to .gif image files. I hyperlink to the .gif file and then choose to open in an auto sizing popup. Some of the links work, and others don't. I've checked to make sure that the properties for the ones that don't work are the same as those that do, but even after making everything the same, I still cannot view some of the files. Anyone have any ideas. I've gone through the forum and nothing I've come across, yet, has helped. I'd appreciate any assistance anyone could give.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff

In many cases you will need to add the image you are linking to to Baggage Files. Usually this happens if the image hasn't been used anywhere else in the project. If that's the case, RoboHelp is probably blissfully unaware of it.

So if the image isn't there to link to, the link will probably fail.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick. I just added my image file to the Baggage Files and the hyperlink now works. If you'll indulge me, though, I have a follow-up question. I'm using RH in the Adobe Tech Comm Suite. I actually added all my image files to the primary project folder and most of those image files are hyperlinked in my system, and the links work. Would you have any idea why some hyperlinks work and some don't? Also, would you suggest that I add all my image files to the Baggage to ensure the links work when I place the WebHelp on my server. Thanks for your help on this.

Jeff
Pearland, TX

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Jeff

The only real explanation I can fathom is that perhaps where the links worked without issue, you had maybe used the image in a topic as well. That's the whole issue in a nutshell. If you use an image in a topic, RoboHelp is aware of it. But if you only link to it from a popup, it needs to be added to Baggage.

Adding to Baggage won't hurt anything if you are unsure.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp