• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop won't open when from LR or the CC app

Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2017 Jul 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to open Photoshop CC I can not get it to open. If I try to launch it from the CC app nothing happens. When I try to open it from LR Edit>Merge to panorama in photoshop. Then it ask me, "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device. It has never asked me to do this before. Then it takes me to the PS recent files screen and then nothing. Then shortly after that I get "The Files could not be edited because Adobe photoshop CC 2017 could not be launched" error message. I have uninstalled multiple ways and multiple times. I have tried uninstalling PS and deleting preferences. Not deleting preferences. Uninstalled LR. Uninstalled the CC launcher. Using the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool. Then reinstalling and checking to make sure all apps are up to date. All with the same results. I am at a loss as to what I can do to fix this.

Screenshot (7).png

Screenshot (8).pngScreenshot (5).png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2017 Jul 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you look at the Photoshop Application folder to see if Photoshop is there?

Capture.jpg

Double click on Photoshop it should open.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I checked the file that you directed me to. I had a Photoshop application folder. Not a Photoshop.EXE file. So I am in the proccess of manually deleting the Photoshop cc 2017 folder in file explorer after deleting it in the Adobe CC launcher. I just reinstalled it and same issue. I am going to try and completely delete Adobe CC cloud and then reinstall it. I'll let you know how it goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a screenshot of the folderScreenshot (9).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 04, 2017 Jul 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is Photoshop.exe you using Microsoft default view setting the hides things on you. Like hidden files and folders , known file extensions etc. Right click Photoshop and check its properties, The see if it will open. .

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines