• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

NDI doesn't show up in Character animator.

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2017 Jun 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been through all  I've been able to find of this problem. I have installed NDI tools to the same drive as Adobe CC (both in C program files). Upon NDI tools install I see that some of the NDI files now exist inside the Adobe CC directories. My Adobe/Common... mediacore folder was empty, and trying to manually put various aex and prm files in there does nothing.

Just to clarify, when I go to edit>pref>live output I see only my monitors and nothing to do with newtek NDI.

I am completely lost on what I can do at this point. Can anyone possibly tell me exactly which files need to be where for everything to work correctly? Then I can at least attempt to locate files and replicate the correct system.

Thanks so much for any advice!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2017 Jun 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue seemed to resolve itself. I was prompted to download a ndi redist when opening either OBS or Character Animator (opened both at the same time and have the obs plugin for NDI). Either way the redistributable install seems to have sorted out the issue for me. One thing I was wondering however... When I resize the NDI output smaller in OBS the image quality gets significantly worse, to the point that using A chroma with screen capture is still more ideal. Is there any way to stop this without resizing the image in the scene?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 05, 2017 Jun 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad it worked itself out somehow!

I haven't tried the NDI/OBS connection yet, so I'm not sure what's going on - I've primarily experimented in Wirecast, which seems to get it without artifacts (you can download a free demo and see if the same issue persists). But streaming from CH should always send video out at 100% quality and size, so my guess is it's something on the NDI/OBS end? Hmmm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2017 Jul 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you tell me exactly what file you used to fix this issue? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2017 Jul 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I had the same problem, managed to find a fix, after you have installed the NDI tools, go to C:\Program Files\NewTek\NewTek NDI Tools and copy the file called  NewTek_NDI_Transmit.prm then paste into C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common CA should then show the option for NDI

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Help! I am having the same problem....i copied and pasted, but still not working.

Thamks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download NDI Video Monitor from NewTek NDI . If you have turned everything on like explained in New Features - April 2017 (Adobe Character Animator CC Beta) - YouTube , then if it's working correctly you should see your CH show up in Video Monitor. If not then the above method is the only issue I've heard of, that the NDI plugin is in the wrong directory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2017 Jul 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the same issue as well. It seems to be happening with the windows version. The setup file does not include the Adobe cc  plugin for some reason. Installs the rest of the other components though. Any other windows users with this issue? Anyone able to fix this or know why this is happening? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2019 Jul 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a similar issue and I got excited to look in the program folder to find NewTek_NDI_Transmit.prm.

I looked everywhere, it is not installing for some reason as far as I can tell. I have run the installer several times and made sure to check complete so everything is installing, The checkbox next to CC was indeed checked but when I look in the program folder...no NewTek_NDI_Transmit.prm

is there somewhere I can download that separately?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same problem. 

I have Character Animator installed through Creative Cloud on Windows 10.

Downloaded Newtek NDI for Creative Cloud from https://www.newtek.com/software/adobe-creative-cloud/.

(and yes, I made sure to include the options for CC, I/O, etc.) 

The NDI option just will not show up under Live Output under Preferences in Character Animator. 

I've looked around for that NewTek_NDI-Transmit.prm and can't find it anywhere, and I'm having no luck finding documentation of what the plugin should be. 

I've uninstalled NewTek, rebooted, re-downloaded (making SURE the CC options were selected) and re-installed. Still no luck. 

NDI is working - I can run the test broadcast, and I can even get the test broadcast to come in as a source on streamlabs OBS.... I just can't get Character Animator to give it as an option. Seems like it must be a problem with a missing plugin but I can't find it (or documentation for it). Help!

Specs: Character Animator 3.0

Windows 10

NDI loaded 11/24/19.

Any help is appreciated!

Any ideas? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I got some help on the NewTek forums on this. 

What worked for me was installing Adobe Premiere. The necessary  NewTek_NDI-Transmit.prm file wasn't getting loaded when I only had Char Animator installed. The helpful solutions architect over there let me know that the plugin is supposed to be installed into C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\7.0\MediaCore and (this is the important part) that Character Animator uses the same plugin as After Effects and Premiere. 

All I had in the folder was a dummy text file.

So I installed Premiere (thankfully I have one of those "all software" subscriptions to CC), rebooted, uninstalled newtek, rebooted, reinstalled newtek and TADA - the plugin was in the right folder and NDI was showing up as an option in Live Output on Character Animator. 

So if you're having this trouble - try installing Premiere or After Effects and then the NDI Tools and see if the plugin shows up.  

https://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php/161180-NDI-4-Tools-Adobe-CC-Plugins-Character-Animator-not-...

Happy thanksgiving.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2021 Aug 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank yoooouuu!!! I tried everything else and this fixed it! To add, I tried just downloading After Effects and this did not work. It wasn't until I downloaded Premiere that it worked. Thanks for sharing this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

make sure to select the install path to media core folder but also make sure you select the correct components when you install it in the instal prompt screen. cause some people are used to clicking next upon installing things they usually don't have to check mark it but I did and now it works. lucky me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad this got resolved...  For me, NDI Virtual Input will not recognize Character Animator as a source option....  NOTHING online to help me...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, the documentation is spotty. I only know how to do this with Windows. First of all, you have to make sure that "Webcam Input" is on and running by selecting it from the NDI folder on your start menu. Then you can select it using the Live Output option in Edit>Preferences. Once that's done, you can find the Webcam Input icon in your taskbar, right-click on it and select Character Animator from the very first option that appears (assuming it's not already active). Then you can open your streaming app and select NDI as your video input and stream your puppet as you normally would.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the speedy reply. I had followed all of these steps successfully until the last step of right clicking the Virtual Input and selecting Character Animator. I can confirm NDI Virtual Input is running and that NDI Output with Mercury Transmit is enabled in Character Animator... But when I right click NDI Virtual Input, the only available option under my PC name is "Remote Connection 1"...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm, I have not encountered that. Just to be clear, are we still talking about webcam input? There is no virtual input in my NDI menu. Is CH still running? Have you tried opening a streaming app to try it anyway?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes we're talking about the webcam input that controls character animator. I do not use any streaming programs and this was seeming extra simple in that regard. When I watch old youtube videos, the steps are essentially the same, but with NDI 4 Tools instead... This issue is appearing to be with NDI as Character Animator recognizes the NDI output for Mercury Transmit... There is no good way to get help from NDI it seems...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think we're having difficulty communicating.There is an NDI app that is specifically named "Webcam Input." Are you opening that app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm sorry if i wasn't clear... Yes, I am opening the Webcam Input app in NDI tools and the icon appears in the task bar tray, then I right click it, locate my PC name, but then Character Animator does not appear in the list, only "Remote Connection 1". I have also ensured that in character animator, Mercury Transmit is seletcte as well as NDI output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just as an experiment, open up zoom or whatever you want to stream with and see what happens when you select NDI as your source. That's all I can suggest. Sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines