Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS layers gone + file corrupted?

New Here ,
Jul 04, 2017 Jul 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I've been working on a multi folder file (I think it was around 1,5 GB?). It had lots of folders and layers and I had been working with it for 4-5 days. (I've also been using Adobe Premiere simultaneous (without PS files included) and Powerpoint).

While working, my workstation (which is about 6 months old with 32 GB RAM, win 7 installed) got a blue screen, it was annoying but not that big of a deal as I'm sure all Adobe files where saved way before when it happened. My PSD filed had also been saved multiple times during the past days. While the blue screen happened I was editing some text in Powerpoint. The text was auto saved so I didn't loose anything.

When I opened my Adobe file after I had restarted, this is what I saw. All folders and layers are gone and what I got is one background layer looking like problem in it's illustrated form. The file size is now 717 MB.
I've tried using "save as" to another directory (saw someone mention that) but that didn't work. What else can I do to try to retrieve it?

PS_fail.JPG

(I hope I posted this in the correct forum)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Angelicat,

It looks like the file is corrupt due to the system crash, Photoshop doesn't have the capability to backup files in case of a system crash.
So my suggestion is to keep saving the file and make a backup while working on such large file.

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It may not be helpful now, but you must alway keep saving incremental back-up copies of your work and also copies on external places and devices too, so that if your computer becomes corrupted, is stolen or damaged, you will be able to carry on working on another computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines