• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dropped frames when motion tweening movie symbols with filters?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2017 Jul 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heya there, everyone! I've been using Adobe Animate for a few years now, I love it, however I've had a question for awhile and I'm hoping I can get some help here.

I notice I get some severe frame drops when I have to motion tween anything movie symbol with filters added onto it, I usually go 24FPS and it'll be cut in half if I add some filters on a symbol. In this one instance I'm motion tweening some clouds across the sky so I have a glow and blur filter added on it but when they start to move it drops frames like crazy.

Any way to remedy this? Any and all help would be appreciate, I'm at my wit's end with this issue.

Thanks for anyone even reading!

-ConeZone

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 04, 2017 Jul 04, 2017

It does look very slow. With it being 1920z1080 and a glow and a blur filter, it might just not get that fast. But, if you're exporting to video the frame rate will be good.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 04, 2017 Jul 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are doing HTML5 Canvas, make sure to use Classic Tweens and not Motion Tweens. It will perform a lot better.

If you are doing ActionScript, and you mean that the frame rate is low when you do a Test Movie, then whatever you're doing is too demanding. But, it will export to video with perfect frame rate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, if it is HTML5 Canvas and you're using Classic Tweens, make sure not to do a custom ease. Don't click that pencil icon, just use the tween type and adjust the value between -100 and +100. A custom ease Classic Tween performs as badly as a Motion Tween.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for the response, Colin! I tried changing the tween to a classic instead of a motion without adjusting anything else and then changing it to adjusting the ease out/in and still no luck. The frames are dropping in the tween.

The clouds I'm moving are using blur, glow filter and the alpha is down about to 80%. So I'm not sure how to fix this issue, I always have the same issue if I try to zoom in on a scene, for example, and I have blur on for the background; it chugs like crazy. :< So no luck so far but I really appreciate the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you doing this to make a video? Could you put online an FLA that includes the slow part, so we could try it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, yes, I don't mind at all! I'm not sure how I would go about doing that, would I export the video in the file setting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're only making this to be video (as opposed to playing in a browser), then you would use File/Export/Export Video, and no matter how complicated the animation is, the video will be perfect frame rate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, okay, I uploaded a clip of what I'm trying to do. I still think it looks kinda chuggy but I'll let you decide

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRXMGHkuMWw&feature=youtu.be

Upon looking at my file, it was made in Actionscript 3, it's what I've been using for all my animations. And yeah, it's a video I animate cartoons and throw them up on Youtube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That plays smoothly. I really meant that you would give us the FLA that made the animation.

If things are just slow as you scrub around in the timeline, you could try using the View/Preview Mode options. Being set to Fast would work quicker than Full.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh! I see what you mean hahaha, my bad! I hope this works, this is the .fla file that I'm using to test out these clouds.

Direct link to the FLA file:

http://www.filehosting.org/file/details/677730/tsEabCgF6CSzSS2x/TESTclouds.fla

If you need to redownload the file.

http://www.filehosting.org/file/details/677730/TESTclouds.fla

I hope these links work, I'm not used to sending out FLA files haha! Thanks a lot, Colin, you are super helpful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does look very slow. With it being 1920z1080 and a glow and a blur filter, it might just not get that fast. But, if you're exporting to video the frame rate will be good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah, okay, thanks very much! Glad to see I wasn't going crazy haha, appreciate the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines