Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom version: CC 2015.10.1 Book Module horizontal scroll bar missing

Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2017 Jul 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running the latest version of LR CC  2015.10.1 on Windows 10

In book module the horizontal scrollbar is missing,  I can only scroll vertically.

Moving the white rectangle in the preview window also only works up-down, but not left-right.

This function is essential for me because I am unable to zoom and check text .

Thank you for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've quite a bit of experience using Lightroom's book module. However, I've re-read your description off what you are having problems with and I'm sorry to say that I just cannot figure out what you are talking about. Indeed, I was so curious, I've just gone into the book module to check my memory. I'm still at a loss what to advise.

A screen shot would be helpful to us.

Also, if you want to check text at a magnified size, firstly select the single page view (down in the tool bar on the left hand side) If that's not large enough, go up to the top left of the screen and select an appropriate zoom ratio.

Hope that helps a little.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your answer,  I´m sorry I didn´t make myself clear, sometimes I find it hard to express precisely what I mean in English.

The main problem I have is that if I select any  zoom ratio to check text properly,  I can only see (zoomed)  a stripe from top to bottom of  the page since I am not able to scroll horizontally.               It seems that the white square in the preview button gets stuck and the only movement that can be done is up and down.

I hope the screen shots help to make it clear ( Fit,  1:1,  4:1) Thank you for your help!

image 2.jpgimage 3.jpg 4:1).

image 1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too!

Thanks, well presented screen-clips.

And I see exactly the same problem.  (CC6.10.1 Windows-10)

File a bug report over at- Photoshop Family Customer Community

A better chance the problem is seen by Adobe staff there.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am not able to reproduce this, so if you please provide below informations that can help us to identify your issue.

1)Can you please provide your system information to narrow down this issue?

2) Also can you please remove the Lightroom preference file and re-launch Lightroom and are you facing the same issue.

-Kanheiya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I see the same as MBN.

When the book single page view is magnified at 4:1, the 'zoomed' area shown in the main window will only scroll the central portion of the page. It can be scrolled up/down but not left/right.

The result is that any text on the far-left or far-right cannot be seen in magnified view.

Even holding the Spacebar (which shows a clenched fist) will not allow mouse pushing the image left/right.

In my screen clip the zoomed area defined by the box can only be scrolled up/down.

I have reset preferences also.

ScreenShot068.jpg

ScreenShot069.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for the information. I am able to reproduce this and logged a bug for the same.

We are looking into this issue.

-Kanheiya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2017 Jul 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ACP and Kanheiya, thank you very much for taking care of this issue.

In case is useful I copy my system information too.

As Kanheiya suggests, I will also  remove the Lightroom preference file and re-launch Lightroom to see if this resolve the problem.

Lightroom version: CC 2015.10.1 [ 1117303 ]

License: Creative Cloud

Operating system: Windows 10

Version: 10.0

Application architecture: x64

System architecture: x64

Logical processor count: 8

Processor speed: 3,6 GHz

Built-in memory: 16245,1 MB

Real memory available to Lightroom: 16245,1 MB

Real memory used by Lightroom: 652,8 MB (4,0%)

Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 738,2 MB

GDI objects count: 341

USER objects count: 1242

Process handles count: 1814

Memory cache size: 65,9MB / 3805,2MB (1,7%)

Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 8

Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX,AVX2

Camera Raw virtual memory: 18MB / 8122MB (0%)

System DPI setting: 96 DPI

Desktop composition enabled: Yes

Displays: 1) 1280x1024

Input types: Multitouch: No, Integrated touch: No, Integrated pen: Yes, External touch: No, External pen: Yes, Keyboard: No

Graphics Processor Info:

GeForce GTX 960/PCIe/SSE2

Check OpenGL support: Passed

Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation

Version: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 378.78

Renderer: GeForce GTX 960/PCIe/SSE2

LanguageVersion: 3.30 NVIDIA via Cg compiler

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2019 Jan 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still have the same problem in Lightroom Classic CC Version 8.1, Book module

this is rather annoying, as it makes editing photo texts very difficult.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 20, 2019 Jan 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add your me-too vote and comment on this bug report for this issue in the feedback forum:

Lightroom 6/Classic: Horizontal scroll bar in the Book Module missing when enlarging a page 1:1 or 4...

More people adding vote/comments will help to move it up the priority list. You should get an email notification when the issue is marked solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2019 Jan 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sign in, log in does not work for me on feedback.photoshop.com it says log in was successful, but it does not update the session status, even though cookies are allowed...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 21, 2019 Jan 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try it with a different web browser. Javascript problem? or Adblocker?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines