• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shooting Tethered with Mirror Lockup

New Here ,
Jul 04, 2017 Jul 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the latest LRCC and when tethering my D810 it shoots normally, fired by Lightroom's tether panel firing button.  However, when I switch to Mirror Lockup on the camera I can click on that button all I want and nothing.  Is this possible or not in LR?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 04, 2017 Jul 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not have an answer,

Check the camera manual for info.

My D750 instructions might suggest that the shutter system is modified somehow as one press of the shutter is required to lock the mirror up, then second press fires the shutter.

Have you tried a remote cable release for the shutter, and does the camera fire with the camera shutter button?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2017 Jul 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The camera on it's own functions in Mirror Lockup normally.  So it's not an issue of the camera not working as designed.  It is only when tethered that LRCC will not fire the camera.  If I take it out of Mirror Lockup - only then does LR fire the camera.  I just wanted to confirm that this is a limitation of LRCC (or not) and what the solution is. 

I am able to be tethered, in Mirror Lockup, manually fire the camera and LR will suck up and display the image.  But for now it seems to be a no go to use LR in tethered mode to fire the camera from the computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I have the same problem with my d7200. I'm using exposure delay instead of MuP. The ondly downside is you can't precisely contrl the moment of exposure. The other solution is trying different software like for example open source DigiCamControl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines