• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6 - "don't import suspected duplicates" stopped working on iphone. Now it thinks all photos are new every time.

Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2017 Jun 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The frustration LR gives me is never-ending. 

Import from 2 iphones - previosly it could tell which photes had already been imported when "don't import suspected duplicates" was checked.  Now it cannot.  Even if I manually select new ones, reboot, start again, it sees them all as new - nothing is grayed out as if it already exists in the collection.  I upgraded to LR 6.10.1.  Both phones still see all images as new.  The camera card grays out duplicates as it should.

As if this isn't annoying enough.  I decided. Fine, Lightroom, you jerk, I'll just keep track of the last date I imported and select them manually.  I'll select all the ones after the last date I imported. A pain, but I don't have the time to keep digging into it.  Nope, now LR seems images that were taken on mulpile days all on the same day.  So I can't figure out what day I've already imported.  Metadata is for sh*t.

I thought LR could do photo management, it cannot. Now I am struggling with looking at images one by one to figure out if it's in the collection or not.

Is there a plugin I need? 

Please help. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 05, 2017 Jul 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi amya,

Sorry that you're facing issues using Lightroom. Could you please check if these issues are reproducible on a new catalog as well?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines