• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PRE10 "Unspecified error occurred while performing a conform action on the following file:..."

Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2012 Apr 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really need some help!

I am making a short video on premiere elements 10 and I seem to get this conforming error everytime I open the project and I cannot save it either!!

"Unspecified error occured while performing a conform action on the following file:

File0002.AVI 48000.CFA"

This happens everytime I open premiere elements 10  to lots (or all) of my video clips and I can't find any help in the adobe forums or anywhere else online!

Also, I want to save this video as an AVI file, but when I try to export it, it says it has finished quite quickly and has not even added anything to click on or when it does, it does not play. Sometimes it says it has finished then comes up with: "Error compiling movie. Unknown error". one of these happen everytime that I try to save it.

Lots (or all) of my avi files come up as this same conforming error when I load the project and I have no clue as to what to do!...

It also crashes nearly everytime after these compiling errors!

My computer is running windows 7 ultimate OS

Please help!

Please...!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

First, I would look over this ARTICLE on PrE crashes, and prevention.

Next, this ARTICLE gives some background on the Conforming process.

Then, this ARTICLE gives some pointers on Compiling Movie errors.

I would also post the full system specs., and especially your I/O, i.e. HDD's (I suspect there might be a problem here), and also the specs. of your Source Footage. This ARTICLE will give you tips on what info is very useful.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Operating System System Model
Windows 7 Ultimate (build 7100) Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. M61PME-S2P
Enclosure Type: Desktop
Processor Main Circuit Board
2.80 gigahertz AMD Athlon X2 240
256 kilobyte primary memory cache
1024 kilobyte secondary memory cache
64-bit ready
Multi-core (2 total)
Not hyper-threaded
Board: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. M61PME-S2P
Bus Clock: 200 megahertz
BIOS: Award Software International, Inc. F2 12/30/2008
Drives Memory Modules
320.07 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
125.82 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

TSSTcorp CDDVDW SE-S084C USB Device [Optical drive]

SAMSUNG HD321HJ SCSI Disk Device (320.07 GB) -- drive 0, s/n S13RJ90SB04688, SMART Status: Healthy
1984 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory

Slot 'A0' has 2048 MB
Slot 'A1' is Empty
Local Drive Volumes

c: (NTFS on drive 0) *319.97 GB125.76 GB free
d: (NTFS on drive 0)105 MB65 MB free

* Operating System is installed on c:

The media files are avi and are in my videos folder (videos-windows 7)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry,

What do you mean by "I/O" so that I can give you it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>I/O, i.e. HDD's

I/O = Input/Output HDD's = Hard Drives

My 3 hard drives to edit AVCHD are configured as...
1 - 320Gig Boot for Win7 64bit Pro and all program installs
2 - 320Gig data for Win7 paging swap file and video project files
When I create a project on #2 drive, the various work files follow,
so my boot drive is not used for the media cache folder and files
3 - 1Terabyte data for all video files... input & output files (*)
(*) for 4 drives, drive 3 all source files & drive 4 all output files
Search Microsoft to find out how to redirect your Windows paging swap file
http://search.microsoft.com/search.aspx?mkt=en-US&setlang=en-US
http://www.video2brain.com/en/videos-5353.htm
http://forums.adobe.com/thread/784220?tstart=0
Trying to use only ONE Hard Drive for Video Editing
You are a music conductor, with a baton that you use to point to various parts of the orchestra... this is like Windows pointing to various parts of the hard drive to do Windows housekeeping or to load program segments for various functions
Now, at the same time and with the same hand... while still using the baton to conduct the orchestra... pick up a bow and play a fiddle... this would be doing something with your video file at the same time as all the other work
You as a person cannot do both at the same time with the same hand
A computer is a LITTLE better, in that it can switch from one kind of task to another very quickly... but not quickly enough for EASY video editing
You need AT LEAST two hard drives (separate drives, never a partition http://forums.adobe.com/thread/650708 for more) with Windows (or Mac OS) and software on your boot drive, and video files on a 2nd drive so the boot drive is not slowed down by trying to do everything
Partition = Crash http://forums.adobe.com/thread/957286
I find that the three drives I use work very well for me, for editing AVCHD video... some people use a 4th drive, so video INPUT files are on drive three and all OUTPUT files are on drive four... I only bought a mid-tower case instead of a full tower case (my bad... but had to fit in the space available on my office desk!) so I use the three drives that will fit
Depending on your exact hardware (motherboard brand & model AND USB2 enclosure brand & model AND external hard drive brand & model) AND the type of video file, you may... or may NOT... be able to use an external USB2 hard drive for SD (Standard Definition) video editing
Steve Grisetti in the Premiere Elements forum http://forums.adobe.com/thread/856208 and Jim Simon in the Premiere Pro forum http://forums.adobe.com/thread/856433 use USB externals for editing
A USB3 hard drive connected to a motherboard with USB3 is supposed to be fast enough for video editing (I don't have such, so don't know) but eSata DOES have a fast enough data transfer for video editing... I have not used the eSata Dock below... for reference only, YMMV and all the usual disclaimers
http://www.amazon.com/Thermaltake-BlacX-eSATA-Docking-Station/dp/B001A4HAFS/ref=cm_cmu_pg_t

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about that. Usually, I will add this ARTICLE on I/O. John T. bailed me out.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2012 Apr 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I have replied with everything that I think you need and if you require anything else please let me know as I really need to finish this video as soon as possible.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell me what I need to do to fix these errors please, without having to do the whole project again because it took several days to make!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, does anyone know where I can download the content for premiere elements 10 because it says that a reduced set has been installed, would you like to download the full content now?

When I click on it, it takes me to a page with nothing on to download or click!

I do no have the installation dvd with me at the moment to instll it from either!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you recreate the conformed files and see if that helps? To do this clear the media cache. Go to "%appdata%\Adobe\Common\" (Type this with the quotes in the Run Bar) Clear the folders there. Restart PrE10 and see if the confirming happens correctly this time.

If this does not solve the problem, I suggest you re-encode the audio alone. To do this use vlc player. Launch the player, Go to Media->Convert/Save, Click on Add and add this file. Now click on convert. This will throw up another window, here click on the icon that is highlighted in the screenshotvlc_convert.png

In the next screen, go to Audio codec tab and select another format, say mp3 and then re-encode the file. Do not change anything else.

Import the filegenerated from vlc into PRE. This shoul work now. Try and let us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried clearing the media cache and the common folder. I ran PrE10 but it did not solve the problem.

The files are avi files and if I change it, will it keep the video or change it?

Also, is there any way by which I can import the files and they change the ones already on the timeline, without having to re insert them and change the timings and everything again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2013 Jun 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I emptied \AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common\Media Cache Files. And then I was able to conform project files. .mpeg files. Sony 1080i. Windows 7 Professional Ed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 05, 2017 Jul 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This solved my issue I was having with Premiere CC 2017. I would get an error when it was trying to conform a few .cfa files. After I dumped all media cache file from AppData, everything worked as it should. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines